Existing Spotify Account

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Existing Spotify Account

@RogersAsif I've looked at those linked instructions to see if it would help me with my issue. However I don't have a register button to press, all I see is buy. What could be causing this. No one seems to be able to help me. 

Retired Moderator RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

@rarauzr123

Thanks for the information, just wanted to get those steps out the way.

I’m going to send you a private message from @CommunityHelps, when you receive it please check our messages via the envelope icon which appears in the top right hand side of your screen when you are logged into the forums.

Thanks!

RogersAsif

Retired Moderator RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

@Scottwin

Just to confirm, you have the correct plan but are only seeing "Buy" ?

This seems to be a separate issue that we would need to look into further. Could you please send a private message to @CommunityHelps when you are available.

RogersAsif

I've Been Here Awhile

I followed the directions given by Rogers. Cancelled my existing premium subscription, downgraded to free, but I had several weeks left on my Spotify subscription. I enabled through the Rogers website and it did not handshake with Spotify. I thought it would simply flip over once my paid subscription was finished, but now my paid Spotify is done, I am on free only, Rogers website says I'm enabled for premium, but Spotify does not have that info, and the time to "reset" the account has past. Yet another hour on the phone with Rogers support has led me nowhere, except that they're "escalating" it. I cannot believe something like this is so unnecessarily complicated
I've Been Here Awhile

stonemills,

Yeah good luck with it. We had the exact same setup as yours. We had our own Premium accounts (all 3 of them) and several days left when we cancelled our Premium accounts thru the Rogers setup. 2 out of 3 reverted back to free for a few hours and then fell back on the Rogers Premium offer. The 3rd one... is still free to this day, 3 weeks from the date it was supposed to switch over. Chat, calls, nothing works and nobody seems to have a clue what to do over there. It's frustrating to say the least.

I even asked then to 'de-register' the 3rd non-working account so I could register it back, seems like an easy thing to do, but nope. We were even promised the last time we called that it would finally work under 24 hours... that was 2 weeks ago Smiley Sad On top of invoice errors, I'm getting seriously tired of dealing with them.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Just to let everyone know, Rogers has fixed my issue and I was able to register for Spotify through MyRogers l. I wish I could tell you which method worked: phone call to Rogers1, email to ombudsman, or this forum and @RogersAsif and @CommunityHelps, but I really don't know. I got a phone call to my home with a message that they had fixed my issue. I went to MyRogers and sure enough, they fixed.

Thanks Rogers, your back in my good graces again, keep up the good work.

Thank you so much for updating the Community @Scottwin!

We're truly happy to know it is resolved Smiley Wink

RogersMaude

I Plan to Stick Around

Well just to update my previous post, it appears the ombudsman had nothing to do with the fix. Appears they can't help with these kind of issues. Here's the email I got just now. 

"I am very sorry to hear about the problems you are having with your
MyRogers account and Spotify. You have reached the Rogers Management
Office, and we are unable to assist with this type technical issue
however we want to ensure that this is resolved for you. To better
assist you with regards to this issue, I will need to provide you with
contact information for our MyRogers Live Chat.

The expert group for our MyRogers accounts can be reached Monday -
Sunday from 7AM - Midnight EST, at www.rogershelp.com/chat

We appreciate your patience and look forward to assisting you further."

Just thought you should know. 

I'm Here A Lot

I seem to be having the same problem most are experiencing on this forum.  I have a previous spotify account I wished to connect to my new rogers share everything plan.  I followed the steps and canceled my premium subscription a month ago, with the subscription expiring today.  I am now in "FREE MODE" while MyRogers page shows "I have this" in regards to spotify.  What is the solution....thanks everyone in advance.

I'm Here A Lot

This process did not work for me.  Have been stuck in FREE MODE for a few days now.  Not too impressed primarily because I left Bell to utalize this Rogers Spotify experience.  #dissapointed #stuckinfreespotify #confusedcustomer