Existing Spotify Account

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Existing Spotify Account

Good day @DJKermit,

Welcome to the Community!

It would be my pleasure to assist you in French! Smiley Wink

Were you aware that we also have the French Community Forums?

To access Les Forums Communautaires Rogers, click here.

Please provide us with further information on your issue.

Are you getting an error message?

Did you previously have an existing subscription with Spotify?

Merci d'avance!

RogersMaude

Retired Moderator RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator

Hi @dcompanion2008

Welcome to the Community Forums!

We can look into this further for you.

I’m going to send you a private message from @CommunityHelps. Please check our message via the envelope icon that appears on the top right-hand side of your screen when you are logged in to the forums.

@RogersPrasana

I Plan to Stick Around

Well I've read all the posts here and no one seems to be having the same problem as me. I upgraded my plan about a month ago to take advantage of this Spotify offer. Since that time Rogers has been unable to allow me to choose Spotify as my experience. When I go to the selection page it indicates I already have shomi as part of my other services, and for the Spotify option my only choice is "buy". Do I just click "buy" and go through all the warnings that I will get billed twice? No ones mentioned this and want to make sure this is what everyone did when they chose their experience. I would have thought the option would be "choose" or "select", instead of "buy".

I have contacted Rogers numerous times through chat and phone, been given 2 case numbers, and I'm still getting no where.

I'm hoping to have it fixed by Nov 5 so my Spotify premium doesn't end. I took others advise here and already cancelled the Spotify auto renewal.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

If you've tried to resolve twice through Rogers' normal channels and found no help, I wouldn't bother beating my head against a brick wall trying to get other Rogers' service channels to respond. It's a useless endeavour. I would go straight to the President's office and write to Mr. Laurence directly. Someone from his office will respond and at least try to resolve. I have had mixed success with resolving Spotify but only after the intervention of the President's office. I have one of the two accounts that I am entitled to working properly. The other still hasn't been resolved. My next step will be Rogers' Omubsperson, but I am giving the case manager from the President's office some more time to resolve.

I Plan to Stick Around

Okay thanks for the tip. Kind of seems silly bringing this up with the president lol, but saying that how do I find the email address for the president?
I Plan to Stick Around

If you want to file a complaint you'll have better chance at the ombudsman than the president.

https://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=contactUsShareAConcern#contact-ombuds...

Make your case by gathering your info (proofs, chats, calls with support, etc.) Their goal is to make you (and you only) satisfied and close as many complaints ASAP. So you may bring citings in discussion threads so they realize they just can't reduce your bill of 11$/month (or whatever compensation Spotify Premium would be). 

I Plan to Stick Around

I've submitted my complaint with them. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for the link.
I Plan to Stick Around

Yeah let us know.

On a quick note (not to rub it to your face), yesterday was my Premium end date at Spotify and turned to Free. So I did the couple of clics required here to kick in Rogers' Premium "experience" and it worked intantaneously.

So to let recent readers know: I followed steps posted at page 7 of this thread (no need to wait at step 4).

To those still having issues: don't give up! 

I Plan to Stick Around

Let me see if I got this correct. So you shouldn't choose the Spotify experience on MyRogers until the end of your billing period for Spotify premium. So if I'm still a premium subscriber until Nov 7, I shouldn't do anything on MyRogers until Nov 8? And you should cancel the auto renewal on the Spotify web page prior to Nov 7 (which I've already done).

By the way I haven't heard anything back from the ombudsman complaint I made yet.
I Plan to Stick Around

That's correct. You have to let it go Free, and then leach it by Rogers. Rogers will use your email address to find it.