Existing Spotify Account

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Existing Spotify Account

Ok,

here is what worked for me.  i had different email addresses with My rogers and spotify accounts. thats why i was getting an error message when tried to add spotify from myrogers account.

Log in to my Rogers, click Profile tab, click account registration, (write down your account number from that page because you gonna need that soon) select remove account and remove your current account from yoyr current profile. save and log out.

go to rogers.com and under the login tab there is an option to register for a new profile. register using the same email as your spotify email address. once successfully registered, you should see a pop up register or add in an account. so you enter the account number that you wrote earlier, enter your postal code and save.

now your account is linked with the new profile which has the same email as spotify.

Now go back to the newly created profile and add spotify.

Good luck.

shame on Rogers. LOL

I Plan to Stick Around

These people are really unbelievable. My post highlighting the issues was fairly detailed. After asking for my personal info to verify the account, they took an hour to respond. Their response? This:

large.png

original.png

Clearly, my issue happened after I registered Spotify as my Experience, but reading my post and providing an on-point response I guess is too much to ask, When I point out to them, complete with screenshofts showing that their answer wasn't helpful ... all I get now is radio slience. Here's the screenshots I sent them:

sp.png

sp2.png

What does it take to get Rogers to simply deliver what they promised? 

By the way @krissidhu,the email accounts for both accounts are already the same. 

I've Been Here Awhile

agreed that Rogers customer service is like microsoft, they will make you wait and wait, you will probably get an honest answer but it will be useless in most cases.

so in your case, I am not sure what could be the issue. I spent 3 hours with rogers and got no where. I checked my spotify account and i do have premium service on now.

i would try removing account from rogers profile and re adding it and see if that works?

Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

Reseting any software product is worth a try.
... unlinking and re-linking might be a resolution as @krissidhu suggested...
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

That was already tried as well .... 

Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

@MikeViz can you upload the photos as Jpg ... png isn't supported on Lithium forums.

Edit: Thanks for updating it! 🙂

I'm Here A Lot

Guys, there's obviously an issue with existing Spotify accounts. Please escalate and come back with a reliable answer for the whole community.

I've Been Here Awhile

For those who are existing Spotify Premium subscribers, if you haven't chosen your Rogers Experience yet, go ahead and cancel it, but hold off until your subscription expires before you link them.

I followed Rogers' instructions, canceled my subscription and linked my Spotify account to my Rogers account. However, on Spotify, it just said my Premium plan would expire at the end of billing cycle and my account would revert back to free. Luckily, mine expired today, and indeed, like we've all guessed it, it was back to the free plan. Even though you linked them on Rogers, it didn't work. Now, to fix this, you have to choose another experience, agree on terms. You will notice your accounts are no longer linked. Just switch back to Spotify and link them again ONCE your Spotify Premium expires. You should be good to go now. 

I've Been Around

I've just recently registered to a free 24 month of Spotity premium but with a wrong spotify account (an old one) !

What is the best way to resync my Spotify premium account to an another one ? 

Thx

Retired Moderator RogersAliciaG
Retired Moderator

Hi @francisranger

Welcome to the community.

We would like to help.

Your Spotify premium should be linked to your MyRogers email, are you looking to change the email linked to your Spotify?

Regards,

RogersAliciaG