Existing Spotify Account

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

Re: Existing Spotify Account

Indeed. I wouldn't be too worried though, end of the day - you are already guaranteed 2 years of spotify premium.

@loginatnine if you get the time after Oct 1st, tell us what happened. I personally want to see how this works out.

(unrelated joke, Oct 1st - after watching Redemption on Shomi, has a different meaning now lol)
I'm Here A Lot

Will do!
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi Shaktib,

No my problem has not been fixed. I am enjoying premium only because I made a mistake to follow the "listen" link under myrogers when using my iPad which eventually led me to paying for premium through iTunes. It was done before I knew it and I am not able to cancel it. Although my Rogers has been linked to my account since end of August, I still got switched to free spotify when my billing cycle ended from my credit card. My spotify account does not mention anything about Rogers at all.  Does this mean that I will not know if premium has kicked in from Rogers until my billing cycle from iTunes end on October 19? 

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi Dsburfitt,

I can give you an answer from my experience so far.

Long story short, if you're an existing customer, don't plan on getting your Spotify premium access right away.

I'm a long time rogers customer, had existing share plan.

Upgraded the plan to take advantage of paying a little less, getting 2.5 g/m and to get Spotify premium (tired of hearing the ads).

There's a bug either in workflow or my account that doesn't "flip the switch" in the MyRogers area to give you proper access to the "manage my experience" in order to choose Spotify as your experience.

I've been back and forth with tech support for 2 days and no resolution.

I've Been Around

I think I'm in the same boat as several people here. I was paying for Spotify via credit card. When I signed up for Share Everything + on Sept. 15, I followed steps to cancel my premium Spotify so that Rogers could take it over. Of course, when my paid subscription ended on September 17, it switched to free with no indication that Rogers was paying.

I spent several days on the phone with Rogers and via email with Spotify. Spotify concluded that in order for Rogers (or any third party) to pay for premium service, one must be on free service first. However, because I signed up with Rogers already, Rogers has yet to find a way to unlink my phone number to my account so I can re-sign up. I have no idea if this means that on October 15, I may finally get premium Spotify again, but this is excessively frustrating, as I use Spotify every single day for my commute, and I already lost all of my offline syncs.

My 'ticket' with Rogers support has been in and escalated for several days, and I was told that at very least, I would get a call within 1-3 days updating me on the status, and there has been no update yet.

All I really need is my Spotify 'perk' or whatever they are called to be unlinked and then reset and I'm guessing it will be fine. But I am pretty sure Rogers has yet to figure out how to do this, which is very frustrating for any customers or potential customers thinking of switching.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Hmm, I did all this, and although in Rogers Experience I have now Spotify selected and configured (it says "Listen"), if I go in Spotify, it says that my account will expire at the end of the last paid month.

Is there a way to re-do the configuration?

Thanks.

Retired Moderator RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

Hello @dan62,

Did you have Spotify prior to upgrading as this expiry may relate to your paid subscription? If not, you have 30 days to change your plus service option via self-service through your MyRogers profile. 

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

I've Been Here Awhile

I have the same question. I just switched to Share Everything Plan+, followed the steps on the site to cancel my Premium Plan and link my Spotify account to my Rogers account. Now on Spotify, it's showing my Premium Plan will expire at the end of billing cycle and have no indication about Rogers Experience. Am I screwed for linking them before my current plan ends? 😞

Retired Moderator RogersAliciaG
Retired Moderator

Hi @LFU

I can understand your concern.

Once you’ve logged into your MyRogers account, you can select Spotify Premium as your experience

once you do this you will then need  sign into your Spotify account.

Once you’re signed in, you can cancel your Spotify Premium paid subscription and go back in to your Rogers account to have it applied as your included experience.

If you have any further questions have a look at our FAQ's here.

I hope this helps, 

RogersAliciaG

I've Been Here Awhile

@RogersAliciaG If you bother to read my post at all, you'd know I've done all that and noticed the problem. That's why I asked in the first place. I contacted Spotify and they told me my Premium Spotify will indeed revert back to free plan once my billing cycle is over in two days. Rogers Experience is nowhere to be found on my account. They said it's a problem I need to talk to Rogers about. Is there anyone here that can help me with this at all?