Existing Spotify Account

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Existing Spotify Account

@barndoor, anyone can mark a post as a solution. Doesn't mean it's THE ONLY solution, just something they think will work.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Rogers Employee ShakTiburon
Rogers Employee

Agreed.
No problem @barndoor - And I personally look like "likes" as an indicator of an important comment along with "solution".
If the Solution is marked to early into the conversation and there are few more post after, usually (based on experience with other forums), someone has a better idea or an alternative idea / clarification.

And I have to agree with @OLDYELLR - it definitely wouldn't be the "Only" resolution.

Nothing is in absolute on the interwebs, not even logic. lol (making a lame joke here)
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I cancelled my spotify premium as per the instructions after choosing spotify as my experience, however it now has me at Spotify free. How do I "register" so that I can get premium on my account? I can see on my Rogers account the same username as my existing one, but I'm not getting the premium.

Retired Moderator RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator

Hi @Buttarcup

Welcome to the Community Forum!

I’d like to help your issue with your Spotify account. Addressing the issue you’ve described involves accessing your account.

I’m going to send you a private message from @CommunityHelps. Please check our message via the envelope icon that appears on the top right-hand side of your screen when you are logged in to the forums.

@RogersPrasana

Rogers Employee

@Buttarcup - did it get resolved yet? Did you get to enjoy premium?
I'm Here A Lot

Hi!

I'm having trouble with this as well, I just signed up with a share everything plan and I canceled my premium spotify subscription before enabling it through rogers. Now, in the my rogers page, it shows "I have this" under spotify however, in the spotify subscription, it shows :

Your Premium subscription will end on 2015-10-01 and you will no longer have offline, ad-free music. Resubscribe to keep the tunes flowing.

Payment details

You do not currently have a payment provider connected to your account.

Normal?

Rogers Employee

No, I don't believe that is normal.

I assume you are logging into the correct spotify account and don't have a secondary one.

It is odd for you to see 2015-10-01 as it should be 2 years.

When did you get the ShareEverything + Plan? You can always call in customer service and they can help you re-do the process to register. It could be a glitch, but personally I haven't heard of this by my experience.

Maybe someone in the community may have more insight on this, or perhaps @CommunityHelps can assist with this as well...
I'm Here A Lot

Thanks for the quick reply!

I was a premium subscriber renewing on the first of each month so the 2015-10-01 is the date that my subscription will end (I already paid for september).

I just got the shareeverything plan today, maybe I'm just not being patient enough 😉

I'll wait until the expiration and maybe retry the handshake with spotify.

Thanks again

Rogers Employee

As far as I am aware (and told, since this isn't personally tested) - Cancel your own paid premium and then go through your Rogers ShareEverything+ Experience SMS link you got.

If you have already cancelled your paid version, and then did the set up then you are good. If after the 2015-10-1 you notice it fully drops then I would be concerned, I would assume it would be taken over by the +Experience on Oct 1st ~ as you stated you already "Have This" in your Rogers profile.
I'm Here A Lot

Exactly what I'm thinking, let's just hope it'll go that way, worst case, it's a quick phone call away to support I guess 🙂