Every day around 4-5pm, my internet connection dies - Pickering Area

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Every day around 4-5pm, my internet connection dies - Pickering Area

Every day around 4-5pm, my internet connection dies - Pickering Area (Near Brock Road)

For years my connection has be rock solid.  Never had to do anything.  Now for the last 4 months, or so, my connection has been going down just about every day around 5.  It seems to have started after this area was upgraded to the higher bandwidth speed.

To get the connection back, I have to disconnect the modem, both the cable wire as well as pull the power cable.  Once it comes up it stays for a while (Between 5 to 15 min) then it goes down again.  After 6-7 pm the connection returns to working normally.  Durring the down time the modem continues to reboot trying to get the connection working again.

I have the Cisco DPC3825 modem/router operating in bridge mode as I run a separate firewall.  I know if I call Rogers they will want me to connect a computer directly to the modem (Which is not safe). 

If there are other users in the Brock Road, Pickering area with similar issue please raise your voice.

PS: While writing this my connection dropped twice and it is just now turning 7pm

***Edited Labels.***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Every day around 4-5pm, my internet connection dies - Pickering Area

Sounds almost like a congestion issue, but usually goes for longer Than that I would say, normaly 5-10ish when most users are home in the eve.

Hopefully someone else in the are can comment if they are experiencing the same.