Even When Delete All Recordings, Nextbox2 Still Does Not Show 0%

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SpeedyC
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Even When Delete All Recordings, Nextbox2 Still Does Not Show 0%

Hi.

Apologies if this is addressed elsewhere.

Nextbox 2 (I own it and don't feel like upgrading at this point!) with latest Navigatr.

1. When I delete recorded shows, the disk space percentage obviously decreases ... except on the last deletion!

For some reason, after deleting the last recording, the disk space still shows a % being used.

If I unplug the PVR and reboot, then it correctly states 0% of the disk space is used.

2. Sometimes I hit the Record button by mistake when watching TV. If I choose to "Stop Recording and Delete", the Navigatr still shows a recording in the recordings count, but the recording does not appear in the list of recorded programs. Again, if I unplug the PVR and reboot, the recorded program segment then appears and I can properly delete it.

Not a big program, but more of a weird nuisance.

***Edited Labels***

RogersCorey

Re: Even When Delete All Recordings, Nextbox2 Still Does Not Show 0%

Hi @SpeedyC

How much space is being taken up on the hard drive? While it's possible you may have some corrupted sectors that are taking up space, it may simply be the software that's installed on the box that's taking it up if it's a very low percentage.

If it's corrupted sectors, you'd likley lose more and more space over time as corrupted sectors are usually an indication of a dying hard drive.

RogersCorey

SpeedyC
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Hi.

There should be no space being occupied by TV recordings if I deleted them all.

But the last show that gets deleted, however much space it took up, the PVR still says that space is occupied.

If I reboot the PVR, it'll correctly say 0%

BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

Personally I wouldn't worry too much about it.  Maybe @57 or @Gdkitty could give you more detail based upon their collection of wisdom.

The above descriptions are basically guesses.  No one really knows why Nextbox and Navigatr does or doesn't do things, and the 2 has always been a problem at all.

If I understand, it returns to 0 when you reboot.  There are numerous issues in both boxes related to loading information to memory and clearing of counters in memory, just the nature of this box, which was poorly designed from day one, and still remains with some issues.

I wouldn't worry at all if you know it will go to 0.  Just add it to the list of things that bug you about the box that have been mentioned but never dealt with.  I think we all have a few of things, we just live with, whether it be hit delete twice before it deletes, the useless reminder feature, and many others.

Not disputing the thoughts from @RogersCorey  but from my experience, of working with the box and my extensive involvement on this topic, that I find it a bit of huge leap to a discussion of currupt sectors, when @SpeedyC was basically making an observation of what he knows from experience, that he avoided the suggestion to move to the 3 which I don't blame him.  As he said, "Not a big program, but more of a weird nuisance."  I don't see that he was asking any questions, or suggestions, just an observation and a very polite, tiny rant (not a new one by the way)

The best I can say about these boxes, is that they are dramatically improved from where they started back in July 2015 - boy that seems like a long time when I write that, and it seems longer when you have lived through it.

But nothing wrong with asking.  @SpeedyC  You wondered if this was the best place - the Navigatr thread Oct/Nov 2016 update is probably the best place to keep things, but ok to put them out on their own too.  I leave it to the Mods to decide if it makes sense to be in the overall thread, or standalone.  There are no shortages of standalone questions on the forums on this topic and related ones.

All the best,  Bruce

Bruce