Europe - Roam Like Home - Can Receive Calls but Can't Call out

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NoEuropeTexting
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Europe - Roam Like Home - Can Receive Calls but Can't Call out

So the solution is giving money back. I'm in Amsterdam now. Doesn't work using 011 or +1. Didn't work in Italy in 2015 either. Fix the problem.

RogersZia

Hi @NoEuropeTexting,

Welcome to the Community!

I know it's very inconvenient when the service doesn't work while travelling. Is your issue restricted to Roam Like Home or pay-per-use roaming? Has your device ever worked on a foreign network? With an iPhone I've personally had to switch foreign carriers manually on occasion to ensure I can use my device. You can do so by turning Automatic option off under Network Selection in Settings. If you have an android device then you can look for Network Operations under Mobile Network which can be found in the settings menu. Are you able to use data or send and receive text messages?

Are you still outside of Canada? Please let us know if you continue to experience issues while roaming.

RogersZia

NoEuropeTexting
I've Been Here Awhile

Apparently there was a hold on my account from years ago. The only way to rectify was chat to an astute Rogers agent...couldn't even call the Rogers help number. It's fixed now.

Dodger2
I've Been Here Awhile

You how to blog link does not work. I have the same issue and posted saying as much, hope this was the right channel to get my issue resolved??????
RogersZia

Hello @Dodger2,

Welcome to the Community Robot Happy!

I definitely rely on Roam Like Home when I'm travelling, you said you have the same issue. Are you not able to make outgoing calls? Are you able to send/receive text messages or access your data? Have you ever used Roam Like Home on your current device?

I see you've also reached out to us via PM @CommunityHelps, have you had a chance to review our response?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

RogersZia

Dodger2
I've Been Here Awhile

Have and updated iPhone 6s. Could receive and send texts, was getting data too. Tech supports said to go into General>settings>reset network settings. Did that, still did not work.

Looked up how to dial long distance from italy, it said 0+0+1 and number nor BC and it worked. If that was the issue it was not clear to me anywhere I should extend numbers as if it were a long distance call. Roam like home was explained by your staff as an extension of my local calling area which means to me dialing like a regular call. Question I am led with now as am surely other will be is "Do callers now calling me have to call me with long diestance codes in?
RogersCorey

Hello @Dodger2!

I'm glad you were able to figure this out!

The answer to the question you're asking is going to vary depending upon the person calling you and where they're calling from.

If they're calling you from Canada, they shouldn't have to put in long distance codes.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Dodger2
I've Been Here Awhile

Corey.

Thanks for the response, please send me the Rogers URL indicating all the advice you gave. It's all been a bit frustrating and I just want to read up on all the how to dos before I travel with such confustion next time.

Thanks

Thanks
RogersMoin

Hello, @Dodger2

I certainly appreciate your situation, ease of communication is very important especially when you are abroad.

You can follow the following dialing format for the local number in the destination you're visiting;

[+] [country code] [area code] [phone number]

To call Canada from the US:

1 [area code] [phone number]

To call Canada from all Overseas;

[+] 1 [area code] [phone number]

Please see our Roam Like Home FAQs for more details. 

Regards,

RogersMoin

Dodger2
I've Been Here Awhile

Rogers:

If you read my thread you will find this advice is incorrect and the source of my problems

What works is what others already know, you have to use 2 zeros in front of numbers to call with Rogers out of Italy and I fear that may be many others problems too.

https://www.howtocallabroad.com/results.php?callfrom=italy&callto=canada

Not the below, it did not work!

You can follow the following dialing format Ffor the local number in the destination you're visiting;
[+] [country code] [area code] [phone number]

To call Canada from the US:
1 [area code] [phone number]

To call Canada from all Overseas;
[+] 1 [area code] [phone number]