Ethernet port on 8642

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Ethernet port on 8642

Any news on when Rogers will open up streaming from the 8642 via the ethernet port?   The PVR supports it, but Rogers has disabled it for some reason.   thanks.

***Edited labels***

I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Ethernet port on 8642

Yeah I really thought there would be a software update this fall being Sept or Oct.. I guess I was being too optimistic.. Maybe we'll see something in the newyear...

I'm a Senior Advisor

Oh and so a moderater doen't have to:

This form is for technical support. For questions and information on future Rogers products please check out Rogers Red Board... Smiley Wink

Though I feel the forum should have a tech support section and a future section and a rant section etc... If you want people to use it let them do everything on it...

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks Chris. I checked out the Red Board ... nothing there. It's almost as if Rogers doesn't have a position on the feature, nor an explanation on why it's disabled.
I'm a Senior Advisor

If you read through the comments on the post where they announce the 8642 I and others ask about it and the home network sharing features. They only reply with that it will be in the future..

Community Manager (Retired) RogersErin
Community Manager (Retired)

Thanks Chris 🙂

Yes, the RedBoard blog would be the best venue to check for new updates on this.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Does the ethernet port do anything yet (one year later)? just wondering if there's any good reason to use up a port on the router for this.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Nope nothing yet.... Also not useful unless you have another with a port... So I wouldn't worry about taking space on the router just yet..
I Plan to Stick Around

It doesn't matter what your query is with Rogers I have found. They lie to you by telling you it will be available in the future. it would be more honest if they told us they don't know hen it will happen.

They are the worst company to deal with and they are raising their rates for lousy service and equipment.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

John, your reply really doesnt have to do anything with the technical question that the OP inqured about.. which was also a few months ago.

The eithernet port, while COULD be used on this box.. currently, is not.  Why? they dont need to, for the services they are providing.. all the whole home pvr, etc, can all be done without the ethernet.