I'm was getting error code 80048889 which effectively shut down gmail access from my Nokia 920. I can't blame Rogers for this one as it appears to be another example of Google and Windows not getting along. As soon as I opened my email app I noticed that your gmail is not updating and then a nasty black screen with this error code came up. I was certain my gmail account was hacked. I asked a co-worker with an iphone about it and he said he occasionally gets problems like that but not the error code. Once I got home I fired up the PC to check my mail and it was all there. This narrowed the problem to my phone. I searched the error code and came up with lots of hits. I think it happens when daylight savings time kicked in because most the other comments seem to be from last spring. The best explanation was a video youtube at http://youtu.be/NDWOKVfxR6c . I followed the directions and also decided to de-linke my calendar from Google's calendar since I don't use theirs anyway. This fixed the problem. It sounds like it is only a matter of time before this happens to your Windows Phone and not just the Lumia 920. Hopefully this will be of help to the next victim of the Google bug.