cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 0X80070057 When transferring files to the internal SD card on 2.2 Captivate

plaincorgi
I'm Here A Lot

I upgraded my Captivate to 2.2 using the instructions that rogers provided. Before I did so I copied all my music off of the device.

I then upgraded the phone and then did a factory reset to 2.2 stock, as well as wiping the cache and all user data. I have done this twice now and get the same issue both times.

When I plug my phone into a computer it asks what mode I would like to use. I choose Mass Storage as keis is not installed on the computers I am using. I can start copying my music onto the phone, but when I get to around 1.3GB in, it just stops and throws the below error:

An unexpected error is preventing the operation. Make note of this error code, which might be useful if you get additional help to resolve this problem:

Error 0x80070057: The parameter is incorrect.

At this point I am unable to copy anything to the internal sd card, nor can I even make a new folder. Unmounting/remounting the phone has no effect. I have reset the phone/deleted user data/reset cache three times now and still I cannot copy all my data to the phone.

***edited labels***

38 REPLIES 38

Re: Error 0X80070057 When transferring files to the internal SD card on 2.2 Captivate

coriolis
I've Been Here Awhile

Have same problem.  Work around is to use Kies on PC Platform.  And yes, you can use Kies to copy files.

Load Kies. Connect phone via usb. Select usb mode (kies- firmware update - under settings i have usb mode to "select on connect")

In keys, double click phone to open up internal memory window. (Int Memory(M1:)

Double click my computer (top left) to open computer window.  

drag/drop. 

You can also do file management activities.

Yes, it is slow, but it works.  5GB music is now happily loaded 🙂

Clearly the problem is the USB driver (testing at SAMSUNG probably probably never tried copying over more than a gig of data )

until they update driver this works...

Re: Error 0X80070057 When transferring files to the internal SD card on 2.2 Captivate

alexx
I Plan to Stick Around

I noticed that it only happens with files larger than 1GB.

Red_Wolf
I Plan to Stick Around

I have exactly the same problem. I susepct they all do after upgrading to 2.2

I experienced the same problem after the update. I called Samsung but they were useless. Rogers was nice to send me another phone (a refurbished, not a new one, but at least a functional one).

Red_Wolf
I Plan to Stick Around

Did it solve the problem or no?

Topic Stats