Error 0X80070057 When transferring files to the internal SD card on 2.2 Captivate

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Error 0X80070057 When transferring files to the internal SD card on 2.2 Captivate

Hello all

I just got this phone a few days ago and realized the problem when adding music. I find that if I disconnect the USB Mass Storage on the phone, wait a few seconds, and then connect it again (Without unplugging it from my computer) it suddenly allows me to copy the files. However, I also find I have to do my entire music folder at once (I organized my music in a seperate folder for easy dragging and dropping to my phone) as for some reason it won't allow me to do a single file or folder inside of another folder. NOTE: I haven't tried doing anything over 2GB yet. So far, my music folder comes in at 1.70GB.

I've Been Around

Re: Error 0X80070057 When transferring files to the internal SD card on 2.2 Captivate

any update on this issue? it has been quite a wait for us... some of us have had to resort to rooting phones and installing apps that allow over the air transfers. I am currently using a samba solution, but its neither fast, direct or functional in some scenarios.

I would love for a fix to this problem ... or at least an update ensuring that rogers is still looking into it for us.

I've Been Around

I have been searching for an answer to the inability to transfer files as well...recently I have found two working solutions:

1. Wireless transfer via ES File Explorer. Great app, allows for copying and pasting of files between pc and phone,  allows for streaming of video/audio/pictures from servers, etc....

2. Wired transfer via Kies.

Connect Samsung phone via Kies (i use Kies 2.0)

Once connected, go to the Kies tab for Basic Information

Beside the area listing the 'Internal Memory' click on the option to 'View in Explorer'

You can now transfer files from your computer to the smartphone using 'View in Explorer'

I have the Samsung Captivate with OS 2.2

I've Been Here Awhile

I have a MAC and i was basically screwed by Samsung as they said they cannot help me and I should take it up with GOOGLE...

The only reason I bought this phone was because it was easy to drop your files off and that does not work.

Rogers says calls Samsung, Samsung says call Rogers... UNACCEPTABLE!!

Last product and service from either!!

I've Been Here Awhile

Hi all, chiming in a little late, but better late than never they say.

As far as I can tell, this is a problem with every single Rogers branded Captivate running 2.2. When using Mass Storage Mode, the phone will not exceed 2.20 GB worth of data no matter how you slice it. Resetting to factory defualts clears the issue until of course, you connect the phone to a computer using Mass Storage Mode and try copying more than 2.2 GB of data to the phone in any way. Using ScanDisk in Windows and doing a deep level scan gives back access to the internal memory, but only up to 2.2 GB, which of course is pointless. I called Samsung and spoke to the 2nd Level Tier Support Group and had him replicate/confirm the issue exists. Here is his email to me:

"Hi -------------,

Thanks for bringing to my attention the internal memory issue you’ve experienced on your Samsung Captivate. It has 13GB of free space but you’re only able to add no more than 2.2GB no matter how its added, in part or in whole. This appears to be a software limitation and the only fix would be a updated software. If and when the update is made available it will be so through Kies. Formatting the memory or resetting the phone doesn’t fix the matter.

Thanks for your patience. "

Of course, other users have noted work arounds, like using "Media Player" mode as opposed to "Mass Storage Mode". Though this does work to exceed 2.20 GB worth of data, the phone can not be connected to another external device for simply reading. For instance, my car stereo has a USB port in it. In the past, I would connect my phone to the USB port in my stereo, wait to connect, and use the stereo itself to browse and play the music. That can no longer be done, the stereo can't even recognize the device and error's out. Furthermore, if I put in an external card and use that, the devices will only recognize the internal card, which has the issue, so using an external card doesn't really help the issue either. Same with XBox, Playstation, etc.

The only true "fix" would be an updated version of firmware 2.2.

The Samsung rep told me that there was an issue with the Bell version of the phone and they did release an updated version of that firmware, so there is some hope that we will also get a fix. To the best of my knowledge, at the time of this writing, there is still no fix.

I find it odd however that the issue occured on firmware 2.2 and the phone can't exceed 2.2 GB worth of data. I wonder if there is some sort of weird connection, perhaps a flag set incorrectly.

Thanks.

I've Been Around

Yes...it is very annoying that there is still no solution to this problem.

I've started using WiFi File Explorer to transfer files over 2.2 Gb, and it works alright but still not as fast as it could be.

Please someone figure this out...or ...Rogers please release the 2.3 Gingerbread update sometime soon?

I've Been Around

waiting for a fix, miss my songs 😧

I Plan to Stick Around

This issue should be fixed after the 2.3 Gingerbread update.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I had the same problem with the internal SD and formatted the card but that didn't work. However, it resolved itself after I upgraded to GingerBread.