Error 0X80070057 When transferring files to the internal SD card on 2.2 Captivate

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Error 0X80070057 When transferring files to the internal SD card on 2.2 Captivate

I upgraded my Captivate to 2.2 using the instructions that rogers provided. Before I did so I copied all my music off of the device.

I then upgraded the phone and then did a factory reset to 2.2 stock, as well as wiping the cache and all user data. I have done this twice now and get the same issue both times.

When I plug my phone into a computer it asks what mode I would like to use. I choose Mass Storage as keis is not installed on the computers I am using. I can start copying my music onto the phone, but when I get to around 1.3GB in, it just stops and throws the below error:

An unexpected error is preventing the operation. Make note of this error code, which might be useful if you get additional help to resolve this problem:

Error 0x80070057: The parameter is incorrect.

At this point I am unable to copy anything to the internal sd card, nor can I even make a new folder. Unmounting/remounting the phone has no effect. I have reset the phone/deleted user data/reset cache three times now and still I cannot copy all my data to the phone.

***edited labels***

I've Been Around

Re: Error 0X80070057 When transferring files to the internal SD card on 2.2 Captivate

I also have had this problem... i've reformatted the card (using the internal settings option) to no avail.

I've emailed samsung on their twitter, email and facebook to ask for assistance.

I'm Here A Lot

Re: Error 0X80070057 When transferring files to the internal SD card on 2.2 Captivate

I'm seeing the same error on my captivate.  It happened exactly the same way, right after I updated to the 2.2 release.  Now when I try to transfer over my music and videos, I can only fit about 2GB to the internal memory.  I've tried reformatting the internal storage from the phone and the computer. 

It's strange, when I reformat from the computer, it tells me that there is only approxiamtely 2GB of internal memory.  When I format from the phone, it tells me I have 14GB.

I've Been Here Awhile

I'm having the exact same issue. Profanity removed. I left iPhone to get away from this type of hassle. ....sigh.

I'm Here A Lot

Everyone, I chatted with a rep on the roger support site, and as soon as I mentioned this issue he stated that Rogers would send me a new phone. 

I just received an email saying that the phone is currently back ordered, but that one is definitely ordered. Hopefully the new phone will not have this issue. I'm curious to see whether it ships with 2.2 or 2.1.

I've Been Here Awhile

Interesting they think it's hardware related. I think I should get on the phone with someone and get a new one ordered too.

I've Been Here Awhile

Just got off the phone with Rogers. The tech I talked to seemed convinced a format of the SD card would work - it didn't.

I didn't have time to try anything else with him. I'll probably phone back later.

I've Been Here Awhile

Okay, figured it out. You must use Media Player to access the internal 16GB. Use Mass storage to access additional external memory cards. These are under USB settings.

I'm Here A Lot

Using Media Player is not possible if you do not have it installed. The phone used to work properly with Mass Storage mode.

I've Been Around

Hey, i've been having the same problem.  If anyone comes up with a fix, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!! I'm thinking of selling this and going to an iphone.  i had a 3gs and thought this was much better, but so far with the kind of trouble it has just connecting to my pc, not worth it.  I've reformatted the internal sd a  few times, connected in kies mode, media player mode, usb debugging, tried different computers, everything.   media player mode works, but it's only good for songs.  i had a 1.2 gb video file i wanted to transfer TO my computer, coudln't do that.  got the same lame error.  I'm thinking of telling samsung to shove it and that i'll never buy their products again, because this has frustrated me, and certainly has not been my first problem with the phone.

that was good to vent... ahhhh

let me know if anyone has a fix that works!