Ericsson W35 rocket hub - failure

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Ericsson W35 rocket hub - failure

For those who have these units be prepared for the worst.  These units will fail and replacement is the only fix.

My friend has W35 and so do I.  We bought at the same time and the units are now around 16 months old.  His suddenly stopped working.  It displays all the lights in blue except the bottom power button is red.  Yes I know the power button is not for power but to turn off the internet.  I didn't believe him either so he brought the unit over.  In goes my sim card and results are the same.   Rogers support has no support for a fix.  Instead my friend was left to purchase a netcomm unit and only because the W35 was not available.  Not available!!  The Rogers site shows the unit available if you decide to purchase on the net but in truth this unit has been dropped.  Next up is the Netcomm and by reading around it has issues as well. 

***Edited labels***

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Ericsson W35 rocket hub - failure

Just an add on.  My friend hooked up his Netcomm and it would not surf the internet.  It would open his home page and all else after that came up with a explorer message - unable to connect.   The fix is to remove your sim card clean the contacts and reinsert.