cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhanced guide - is this a joke?

BlackIceXXX
I've Been Here Awhile

I recently "upgraded" my pvr with the Enhanced Guide. Really Rogers? Is this what you call an "upgrade"?  There are so many things horribly wrong with it that i dont even know where to begin.

- no slow motion playback (are you kidding me??)

- extremely laggy response to remote inputs

- adjusting recording time takes an extra 3 steps now

- lost a number of recorded programs after upgrading

- fast forward/rewind is much slower now

- page up/down no longer skips ahead during playback 

- hitting the Live button while watching a program on delay switches to a different channel (brilliant)

- time of current playback is not shown while watching recorded programs (it just shows elapsed time)

- pvr crashes randomly (never happened before upgrade)

- layout of guide wastes too much space and the live tv window is far too small

These are all the problems i can list off the top of my head but there are many more.

i cant understand how poorly thought out this new guide is.  It's like they threw all the good stuff out from the previous version and had a group of monkeys design this one.  

Bring back the old guide Rogers!

***Edited labels***

96 REPLIES 96

Re: Enhanced guide - is this a joke?

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@mfait wrote:

Yah!  I just got the e-mail!

Complaints down 65% compared to same time period last year!

Rogers.jpg

We all got the email. What it doesn't do is break the complaints down to the various services, such as Internet, home phone, wireless and different varieties of cable. The complaints we see in the TV Forum are all to do with the Navigatr PVR interface.  Rogers does not release user statistics for competitive reasons, but I suspect Navigatr PVR customers are not a huge proportion of all Rogers customers, so that claim above is meaningless as far as we're concerned.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

Doesnt really have exact dates though either?
So when the start/finishing period for that data is.. 

May not include most of the WIDESPREAD launch of the Navigatr?

Dot2
I'm Here A Lot
I would like to have the old guide back! This new guide is very frustrating.

Dot2
I'm Here A Lot
I totally agree. I want the old guide back. Rogers Navigatr is very frustrating!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

As an FYI - a few items of clarification.

This thread is from 2012 and originated when RTN replaced SARA.   It was not about Navigatr.

We do have a dedicated Navigatr thread, link below:  It'd be better to use it than to dredge up 4 year old threads.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/thread-...

The Rogers Complaints article was regarding Cellphone service and internet.  TV was not included in the study.  Link Below:

http://www.thestar.com/business/2016/03/30/complaints-to-telecom-watchdog-plunge-with-rogers-seeing-...

Dot2
I'm Here A Lot
Thanks!

pgoguen
I've Been Around

I hate the new guide. It's really hard on the eyes. I thought there was something wrong with my television at first.  The up & down button doesn't work properly.

Gmdbutler
I've Been Around
Roger's is so far behind in technology I'm surprised they are still in business. Bell's FibeTV is lightyears ahead. It's fast well thought out interface and useful features leave poor old Roger behind in every aspect. I had Bell Satellite in 2000 and it's guide and interface were better back then to what Rogers offers today. And now since Shomi is gone and here in Atlantic Canada they won't even offer us Netflix I would never go back to Rogers.

amin1
I'm Here A Lot

I do not understand  why when the system is working perfectly well without any problems you introduce something totally stupid, silly, useless, much much much slower no useful information. total disastrous.

I am going to change to BELL,, BELL,, BELL OR GET AN HD ANTENA

you said it 20% correct. it is lot worse than what you said

amin1
I'm Here A Lot

all the post say this guide is totally garbage WHY ARE THEY NOT PUTTING THE OLD SYSTEM BACK

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Because the even older system, is no longer supported on any new hardware, and the old hardware was not made anymore.
Heck even the hardware (the cisco 8642 and the 9865) are not longer made.  (That the 'enhanced' guide is on).

Not going to argue.. the rollout and some of the changes were pretty bad.

Its one reason they have been working on the NEWEST and current platform.
Ignite TV is out in small distribution now.   Guide wise?  Its light years better than the enhanced guide.  
I think its what they were striving for with it, but failed.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Just as an FYI, the Enhanced Guide which is the topic of this thread is the RTN guide, the one that came after SARA.  The "latest" guide for Nextboxes is called Navigatr and you can read lots of threads on that topic in this forum if you search for Navigatr.  And no, we will not be going back to RTN.

Here's a bit of history for those interested.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/8642HD-really-SLOW-is-this-normal/m-p/416264#M45267

As mentioned above, Navigatr and the Nextboxes will be replaced in the coming years by IPTV (Ignite TV), which also has several discussion threads here. The user interface for Ignite is far superior to Navigatr.  The rollout of Ignite TV has already begun.