The joke is on Rogers customers as usual! I just reverted back to the old guide and as a bonus Rogers wiped my PVR clean!!
Netflicks is looking better every day!
Everyones views on the new guide is different.
There are some things, yes which take 2 steps now instead of one. But there are things you can do with it now, in 1 step instead of 3.
It browses slightly slower, yes, than the old one.. but i can live with that.
Some people find it way to small (even on a 40+ inch TV).. i find it perfectly fine.. i have more problems reading the blocky old guide, its WAY to pixely on a 40+ TV.
Its all personal preference..
Skypesull... the wipe was not likely intentional.. but often when you do a firmware upgrade, etc.. there is always the chance of a hard drive wipe... i know a few had that when going to the new guide, but most did not.. same when reverting. It was not done intentionaly.. just a byproduct sometimes of that type of thing.
And before you make the jump to netflix... look into it first. Netflix is good for some stuff.. but if your used to regular TV watching, watching specific show, etc... netflix in canada at least... their selection is VERY limited.. of all the shows that my wife and I PVR on a weekly basis (probably.. 20-25?) there are 4 on netflix.
I’ve been watching Netflix for the last month. Every time I turn on my Rogers box I get reminded of the money I’m wasting on the reality shows I refuse to watch. The only time I need Rogers is when there’s a Leafs game being shown on TSN, and it looks like a competitor is offering it on their lowest package. Hopefully I can convince the wife to switch… and with Rogers pvr constantly needing to be rebooted when she uses it is helping my cause.
I just bought into this netbox "upgrade" two days ago ..... i really wish i had logged in here before i made that move!
What's really funny is those BS rogers commercials they are plastering all over the airwaves. Especially, the one where the kid tells the parents how proud he is of them ..... i can tell you in reality, I am public enemy number one in my household.
Add to the P.O. list: No remote operation of the netbox pvr with my smart phone .
At least currently, that pvr box, regardless weither its on the new guide or the old guide, does not work with the remote app.. only the older 8300 works with that app.
Rever to my reply in the other thread
Here is my list of what sucks ( a few repeats but the last 4 I have not seen anyone mention yet)
- no slow motion playback
- extremely laggy response to remote inputs
- adjusting recording time takes an extra 3 steps now
- fast forward/rewind is much slower now - you have to hit fwd 3 times to equal the old 1 time
- pvr locks up after watching a ROD free TV show where the VCR controls are disabled
- No 950 - When watching a PVR's show you could change to a TV channel and then back to where you left off on the PVR by hitting channel recall or going to 950.
- Viewing TV guide - up down when you hit top or bottom gives you a full new page of channels (acting like a page up/down) instead of one channel scolling off the top/bottom and a new channel appearing.
- When you pause, the progress bar that pops up stays up until you resume. It used to disappear after a few seconds. Now you get to have that high contrast progress bar burned into your tv when you go to the bathroom.
As someone already pointed out exiting the Weather info screen is classic. It says to press D to exit but the only way to actually exit is with the exit button. Quality stuff Rogers. If only anyone at Rogers actually tested anything by opening the weather screen once they might have actually caught it. Excellent QA.
I just got off the phone with CS and they indicate yes if you go back to the old menu it will wipe out your PVR. It didn't wipe out my PVR when I "upgraded" but I won't take a chance. CS indicated once you call in it's usually put back to the old style within 5 minutes but can take up to 24 hours. I I think I'll watch what I want to see and write down all my "scheduled" items so I can reprogam and then call back to have it put back.