I recently "upgraded" my pvr with the Enhanced Guide. Really Rogers? Is this what you call an "upgrade"? There are so many things horribly wrong with it that i dont even know where to begin.
- no slow motion playback (are you kidding me??)
- extremely laggy response to remote inputs
- adjusting recording time takes an extra 3 steps now
- lost a number of recorded programs after upgrading
- fast forward/rewind is much slower now
- page up/down no longer skips ahead during playback
- hitting the Live button while watching a program on delay switches to a different channel (brilliant)
- time of current playback is not shown while watching recorded programs (it just shows elapsed time)
- pvr crashes randomly (never happened before upgrade)
- layout of guide wastes too much space and the live tv window is far too small
These are all the problems i can list off the top of my head but there are many more.
i cant understand how poorly thought out this new guide is. It's like they threw all the good stuff out from the previous version and had a group of monkeys design this one.
Bring back the old guide Rogers!
My "upgrade" experiance was similar to yours. What bothered me the most was the rebooting after my 2 year old 160gb box received the new guide. That was fixed by Rogers with 2 new 500gb Nextboxes. They have not rebooted once since they were installed, other than the regular 2 am stuff.
I too miss some of the old features, but they will be added back shortly.
Having lived with the new guide next to the old one on my 8300 these last 7 weeks, I have to say I like them both the same. However, I know that the new IPG will only get better and the old will not. Plus I knew what I was getting into from the beginning so I did not mind being a guinea pig. I work in the electronics industry and all this stuff helps me do my job better.
I have to agree.. my job, i do a lot of 'beta' testing of new technology/software... often it may look great on the surface when someone trys to sell it to you.. but when you dig deep or actualy try to us it, it sometimes can be a different story.
Like you..i found positives and negatives.. on both the new and old IPG. The few bugs with the new one, i can live with to gain a few of the enhancements. While the new search, takes a bit to type something in (but heck, im used to it on the xbox :P), it does a great job at finding all the shows.. great when your trying to time shift record something, etc.
Here's another one I cant stand:
- when recording two shows simultaneously and trying to change channels up pops this Tuning Conflict menu where the only option given is to cancel one of the recordings. Why doesnt it give me the option to select a recording that i want to tune to like in the original guide??
It looks like the people programming this thing have never actually used the original guide since BASIC features are now inexplicably excluded.
Yes I too find that the "guide" takes up too much of the screen.
It shows a lot shorter list for recorded shows.
I tried changing the output to 1080i from 720p after the "upgrade" & my TV goes blank every minute or so!
Had to change it back to 720p (my TV is 1080p), so another looooooonge reboot.
Another irritant is no song/artist info on Galaxy anymore!
1 + is the search feature.
Took them long enough! Cogeco had it years ago on their SA set-tops.
: > )
yup....i went back to the old guide because of most issues from the OP. Was told by the CSR that eventually i won't have a choice. No timeframe though. If I was stuck with the 'Enhanced' guide as it is I'd definately switch providers but I'm sure Rogers will work out the bugs before distributing to all
Sadly I am not alone. The only thing enhanced is futility and frustration. ROGERS ... your programmers are morons!
SLOW? That is being kind. No slow motion, so many additional key strokes to do things now, no control of display scenery or colors. My wife and kids have trouble making things out now .. and that's on a 42 inch set ... and on my 55 inch ... it's not much better. They're asking for the old guide. Is that possible?
ROGERS ... what were you thinking with this crap!!???? For a huge corporation your customer consideration is pathetic!
Can't you afford to hire intelligent tech people? DO any of them actually understand simple logic? Enhanced means easier and user friendly ... not more difficult, time consuming, frustrating and SLOW.
ROGERS ... considering how much you charge us ... the least you could is own the problem and make things right.
ROGERS ... you should be absolutely ashamed and embarassed having launched something that obviously failed testing.
Losing 7000 plus subscribers as someone pointed out per month may only be the beginning. I have been a loyal customer
since signing with you guys with a mucho expensive cell phone and plan back in the 80's ... but now I'm beginning to think
it's time for myself, my family, my neighbors and my hundreds of employees to jump ship once and for all.
Everyones views on the new guide is different.
There are some things, yes which take 2 steps now instead of one. But there are things you can do with it now, in 1 step instead of 3.
It browses slightly slower, yes, than the old one.. but i can live with that.
Some people find it way to small (even on a 40+ inch TV).. i find it perfectly fine.. i have more problems reading the blocky old guide, its WAY to pixely on a 40+ TV.
Its all personal preference..
Skypesull... the wipe was not likely intentional.. but often when you do a firmware upgrade, etc.. there is always the chance of a hard drive wipe... i know a few had that when going to the new guide, but most did not.. same when reverting. It was not done intentionaly.. just a byproduct sometimes of that type of thing.
And before you make the jump to netflix... look into it first. Netflix is good for some stuff.. but if your used to regular TV watching, watching specific show, etc... netflix in canada at least... their selection is VERY limited.. of all the shows that my wife and I PVR on a weekly basis (probably.. 20-25?) there are 4 on netflix.
I’ve been watching Netflix for the last month. Every time I turn on my Rogers box I get reminded of the money I’m wasting on the reality shows I refuse to watch. The only time I need Rogers is when there’s a Leafs game being shown on TSN, and it looks like a competitor is offering it on their lowest package. Hopefully I can convince the wife to switch… and with Rogers pvr constantly needing to be rebooted when she uses it is helping my cause.
I just bought into this netbox "upgrade" two days ago ..... i really wish i had logged in here before i made that move!
What's really funny is those BS rogers commercials they are plastering all over the airwaves. Especially, the one where the kid tells the parents how proud he is of them ..... i can tell you in reality, I am public enemy number one in my household.
Add to the P.O. list: No remote operation of the netbox pvr with my smart phone .
At least currently, that pvr box, regardless weither its on the new guide or the old guide, does not work with the remote app.. only the older 8300 works with that app.
Rever to my reply in the other thread
Here is my list of what sucks ( a few repeats but the last 4 I have not seen anyone mention yet)
- no slow motion playback
- extremely laggy response to remote inputs
- adjusting recording time takes an extra 3 steps now
- fast forward/rewind is much slower now - you have to hit fwd 3 times to equal the old 1 time
- pvr locks up after watching a ROD free TV show where the VCR controls are disabled
- No 950 - When watching a PVR's show you could change to a TV channel and then back to where you left off on the PVR by hitting channel recall or going to 950.
- Viewing TV guide - up down when you hit top or bottom gives you a full new page of channels (acting like a page up/down) instead of one channel scolling off the top/bottom and a new channel appearing.
- When you pause, the progress bar that pops up stays up until you resume. It used to disappear after a few seconds. Now you get to have that high contrast progress bar burned into your tv when you go to the bathroom.
As someone already pointed out exiting the Weather info screen is classic. It says to press D to exit but the only way to actually exit is with the exit button. Quality stuff Rogers. If only anyone at Rogers actually tested anything by opening the weather screen once they might have actually caught it. Excellent QA.
I just got off the phone with CS and they indicate yes if you go back to the old menu it will wipe out your PVR. It didn't wipe out my PVR when I "upgraded" but I won't take a chance. CS indicated once you call in it's usually put back to the old style within 5 minutes but can take up to 24 hours. I I think I'll watch what I want to see and write down all my "scheduled" items so I can reprogam and then call back to have it put back.
Anyone else having this problem?
1. 5 minutes prior to a recording scheduled, it tells me that there isn't enough room on my PVR. I currently have more than 60% space FREE. The options are "manage recordings" or "dismiss". Dismiss function doesn't work and I have to hit Manage Recordings.
2. Mysteriously recorded items now disappear at a random time afterwards. I believe I may have had these recordings set to "until i erase" so it just took it upon itself to remove some of them.
3. I don't know if this is the problem, but I'm thinking it's only doing this when it's wanting to record something i've got "record this day in this time slot" or "record all on this channel". Does it think because i have 60% currently, that isn't enough space to fit an entire season and it's assuming I won't be deleting other programs over the weeks as I watch them? If that's the case, then every program I have set to record each week is going to screw everything up and I'm going to have to manually go in each night and record what's playing that evening.