Enhanced guide - is this a joke?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Re: Enhanced guide - is this a joke?

I hate the new guide. It's really hard on the eyes. I thought there was something wrong with my television at first.  The up & down button doesn't work properly.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Roger's is so far behind in technology I'm surprised they are still in business. Bell's FibeTV is lightyears ahead. It's fast well thought out interface and useful features leave poor old Roger behind in every aspect. I had Bell Satellite in 2000 and it's guide and interface were better back then to what Rogers offers today. And now since Shomi is gone and here in Atlantic Canada they won't even offer us Netflix I would never go back to Rogers.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I do not understand  why when the system is working perfectly well without any problems you introduce something totally stupid, silly, useless, much much much slower no useful information. total disastrous.

I am going to change to BELL,, BELL,, BELL OR GET AN HD ANTENA

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

you said it 20% correct. it is lot worse than what you said
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

all the post say this guide is totally garbage WHY ARE THEY NOT PUTTING THE OLD SYSTEM BACK

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Because the even older system, is no longer supported on any new hardware, and the old hardware was not made anymore.
Heck even the hardware (the cisco 8642 and the 9865) are not longer made.  (That the 'enhanced' guide is on).

Not going to argue.. the rollout and some of the changes were pretty bad.

Its one reason they have been working on the NEWEST and current platform.
Ignite TV is out in small distribution now.   Guide wise?  Its light years better than the enhanced guide.  
I think its what they were striving for with it, but failed.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Just as an FYI, the Enhanced Guide which is the topic of this thread is the RTN guide, the one that came after SARA.  The "latest" guide for Nextboxes is called Navigatr and you can read lots of threads on that topic in this forum if you search for Navigatr.  And no, we will not be going back to RTN.

Here's a bit of history for those interested.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/8642HD-really-SLOW-is-this-normal/m-p/416264#M45267

As mentioned above, Navigatr and the Nextboxes will be replaced in the coming years by IPTV (Ignite TV), which also has several discussion threads here. The user interface for Ignite is far superior to Navigatr.  The rollout of Ignite TV has already begun.