Enhanced guide - is this a joke?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Complaint
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Enhanced guide - is this a joke?

I think I will revert back to the old guide also as the New Enhanced Guide  is so very slow, ugly and user unfriendly.

HD is awful and pixellated.

The alternative is Netflix or Bell. Rogers costs so much for such a poor quality experience!

I have been with Rogers for nearly 24 years now and I can no longer justify being loyal to them.

Lionhutz
I've Been Around

Why do these need to happen so frequently? it is ABSURD, there is an update almost every single night, if not actually every single night. I wouldn't really care if it was a 5 minute interuption, but every single time it screws up my box for a few hours. Last week all my channels switched, 4 was 46, 3 was 47 etc.. Most of the time, like tonight, it comes back on just frozen on a frame from whatever show I was watching. Why do I pay so much for this garbage?

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

From what I/we have been told (which is a very little), is that ontop of potential software updates (fixes, changes, etc), the main reason is this version of the guide, needs to do it apparently to load forward some of the guide info.  (that is at least what we have been told).

The channel switch thing.. is wierd.. never seen that..

One option you do have.. is if you are not using the whole home PVR setup, on any of the new boxes (8642 or 4642) you can call in and have them DOWNGRADE to the old guide, etc on it.
Doing this on a PVR model though, WILL erase all your recordings.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Lionhutz

The updates are to update the guide & bring new software & updates to the boxes. I do agree with you that is absurd as we need to have them limit the amount of updates per week & at a different time. Rogers does not seem to understand this tho. They rather not listen to the customers.

Like GDkitty said, you can call Rogers & have them downgrade your OS on the box to the old guide. This will have you loss some new functions & loss all your recordings.

Rockford
I Plan to Stick Around

I JUST called Rogers and asked that my non-PVR Nextbox have its guide "downgraded". I was told it can't be done anymore. 

Actually, the first person I spoke to said it could but that I would lose the call display pop-ups on that box. I said ok, let's do it anyway and she tranferred me to someone who, after taking all my info again, was supposed to affect the change but instead told me no-can-do.  

Should I call back and speak to someone else or has there been a recent change?

***Edited for content***

Just a guy.
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Rockford

Nothing has changed. Some reps are lazy & rather not change it. They find customers that will believe them & that is all. I would contact back & complain about that rep while asking about the change. They should be able to change it to the old guide anytime.

Yes you will lose all your recordings / settings & call display but if you can live with that, then change!
Rockford
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks Meowmix. Cat Tongue 

I just called back and they changed it no problem.

Just a guy.
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Rockford

You are welcome:). Good to hear it worked out for you!
SueAllcock
I've Been Here Awhile

I hear ya! This is the biggest mistake that Roger's has made since.... well last week when they over billed me for a service that was supposed to be free for a month! I hate this new guide, and it's not because it's a new thing and sometimes it takes time to get used to a new way of doing things... but it's because it's a total step backwards. It's like it's working in slow motion... this thing needs a hockey helpmet it's that impaired.

Our bills keep going up and up but the level of service is going down. I don't get it. I called a representaive the other day to ask why the guide was sooooo slooow, she told me that it's no slower than the original guide before that. WHAT? She also told me that it's withnin acceptable limits to have a 6 second delay while cruising thru the channels. She even went so far as to ask me to count the time lag between channel changes, like I was a child! I told her not to placate me and I also told her to log my complain formally.... for all the good that does. 

I understand that with the new updates and add-ons, there's more infomation that has to travel thru the cable but.... at what cost. Why do it if you can't support it? It's funny, that ever since I made that call.... it's gotten even worse. Not sure if they are just **bleep** with me now.

I'm thinking of canning the whole thing and trippin' over to another network.

So Frustrated with Rogers!

Thanks Rogers.... you've outdid yourself again!

Big conglomerates can get away with anything apparently!

Tmothy12
I'm a Regular

@SueAllcock wrote:

I hear ya! This is the biggest mistake that Roger's has made since.... well last week when they over billed me for a service that was supposed to be free for a month! I hate this new guide, and it's not because it's a new thing and sometimes it takes time to get used to a new way of doing things... but it's because it's a total step backwards. It's like it's working in slow motion... this thing needs a hockey helpmet it's that impaired.

Our bills keep going up and up but the level of service is going down. I don't get it. I called a representaive the other day to ask why the guide was sooooo slooow, she told me that it's no slower than the original guide before that. WHAT? She also told me that it's withnin acceptable limits to have a 6 second delay while cruising thru the channels. She even went so far as to ask me to count the time lag between channel changes, like I was a child! I told her not to placate me and I also told her to log my complain formally.... for all the good that does. 

I understand that with the new updates and add-ons, there's more infomation that has to travel thru the cable but.... at what cost. Why do it if you can't support it? It's funny, that ever since I made that call.... it's gotten even worse. Not sure if they are just **bleep** with me now.

I'm thinking of canning the whole thing and trippin' over to another network.

So Frustrated with Rogers!

Thanks Rogers.... you've outdid yourself again!

Big conglomerates can get away with anything apparently!

The NextBox 3.0 is much faster and more stable than the old NextBox 2.0 box.