Enhanced guide - is this a joke?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Re: Enhanced guide - is this a joke?

I hate the new guide.

- It won't let me go anywhere near my allotted recording space

- It won't let me set the amount of time i can record if i am too near my alotted space or won't let me select the amount of time i could record.

- it deletes recorded programs without warning or reason (even if the settings are 'until i delete')

- It is incredibly slow, changing channels navigating or deleting pvr programs

- I hate the preview of my recording list and scheduled

- it won't record even if it set to

- i hate that it stop recording duel programs without giving me a choice of picking a channel i am currently recording.

Please give me back my old guide!

-frustrated!

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If you are un satified with the new guide, you can call rogers, and ask them to revert it to the old guide.

(But if you are using the whole home PVR, this will no longer work).

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

you have to call to revert back?  I did call, selected cable troubleshooting, selected option 5 (other), it reset my box and no other option, usually other means connect me to someone as the previous choices don't apply.  I reverted back to main menu, selected option 3, was put on hold then cut off.  good times.  now i come to the trusted website, do a search to revert back, of course nothing.  guess i will call tomorrow. 

PS was going to insert emotion but did not see mad.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello sam1327

In order to revert back to the old guide, you will need to speak to a tech support agent from Cable. They will be able to revert the old guide back to you. There is no option over the phone to do this unless you speak to a rep. They are able to push the old update out to you.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

thanks,  i did try and got cut off.  try again later

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

You are welcome. Keep trying. I always get cut off the line most of the times i call them.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Are you guys calling from cellular?

I have never been cut off any time i call 😕

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Yes & No. 60% of the time i call from my house line or cell phone line, it gets cut off when being transferred or even holding on the line. This is something known to Rogers. If you search on Google, you will see THOUSANDS having this issue.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I got hung up once on a transfer a while back... but yeah, generaly i am OK and dont get hung up on.  Maybe just the lucky % that hasnt been.

As for the cell phone, only reason im asking, is i know some of the phone systems, when the person is on hold, do a sort of check the line thing, to make sure the person is still there.  With a cell phone, it seems it doesnt always seem to transmit this properly (or the other end cant pick it up).. and assumes the person is gone, and drops the call.
Our phone system at work here will do it.. but i havent got a call yet that a landline one is droped.

Maybe its time for a new phone system for them :P.. though we are in the process of getting qotes to replace ours.. and i know how frackin expensive they can be.

I've Been Here Awhile

Glad to see this thread is still alive.

6 months later and Rogers still has not addressed any of the major issues. I cannot believe we still do not have slow motion playback. This is a BASIC feature from VCR days! Wake up Rogers!