Emails with BCC's are never received by Rogers/Yahoo email

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Emails with BCC's are never received by Rogers/Yahoo email

I have recently become aware that some emails which have BCC's are being filtered before they even reach the inbox. Since they do not reach the inbox, they cannot be marked as SPAM or handled by the normal filtering mechanisms. They just disappear as if they did not exist.

I have one scenario where 2 very similar emails (same sender, similar messages), one with 2 BCC's and one without BCC's. The email without BCC's came into the inbox normally. The one with BCC's never was received, probably.filtered out. These were both legitimate emails, not SPAM.

If these emails are being filtered because they are considered SPAM, they should be at least passed thru and marked as SPAM and not just sent into the ether.

I am aware that some other email services may mark emails with BCC's as BULK but still pass the email thru to the inbox.

********************  Response from Yahoo Customer Care

Subject

Sending and receiving messages: unable to receive messages

Discussion Thread

Response Via Email (James)

12/19/2013 04:08 PM

Hello ALLAN,

I want to apologize for any inconvenience this issue has caused you. I assure you that I will do what I can to help resolve your issue.

Our records indicate that your rogers.com email ID is linked to an account managed by Rogers. Due to contractual agreements, we are not able to assist you directly with your request and ask that you contact Rogers Customer Support for further assistance. You can contact Rogers by phone at 1-888-764-3771 or by referring to Rogers Help Support.

Note:

You will need to contact Rogers for assistance with your Rogers Yahoo Mail account. If you currently have a merged Rogers ID and Yahoo ID, when speaking with Rogers, please make sure you reference the Rogers email address and not your Yahoo ID. Rogers is only able to pull up your account with a valid Rogers or previously valid Rogers ID.

If you no longer have service with Rogers, let them know that your Yahoo ID needs to be unmerged, so Yahoo can assist you with your account.

If you decide to contact Rogers Customer Service, please be sure and include as much information as possible regarding your issue.

Additional information on this, and other Yahoo products, can be found on the Yahoo! help page.

If you have any further concerns regarding this issue ALLAN, please let me know and I will be happy to assist you.

Thanks,

James

Yahoo Customer Care www.yahoo.com

Make Yahoo as your home - All the news you want

***edited labels*** 

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Emails with BCC's are never received by Rogers/Yahoo email

Give me a minute, and i will do some testing myself.. from both my work (our own owned email server) and my gmail to my rogers account, and see what the results are.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Emails with BCC's are never received by Rogers/Yahoo email

OK.. did some testing.

A )  Mail sent from work to my rogers account in the TO field, my gmail and work address in the BCC. - All Received email

B )  mail sent from work to my gmail, with rogers and work address in the BCC - All received email

C ) sent from GMAIL to rogers account in TO, with gmail and work in BCC - All received email

D ) send from gmail to work account, gmail and rogers in the BCC - All received email

PERSONALLY i was unable to replicate the same as you... i did receive all emails where there were BCCs in the email or was a BCC recepient.
Its not to say, its not something with your account specifically.

Its POSSIBLE it could be the sending ends side as well.. that they are actually never getting fully OUT yet?
The sender, is not getting a bounce back of any form?