Email

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Email

My email isn't staying on my IPad. Once it is received by my computer it disappears from the iPad. What do I change on the settings to get the email to stay on the iPad. Thanks

******* Edit labels ********

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Email

if your checking email on more than one device, then you must do some changes.

Your desktop e-mail client, make sure you check off the "leave email messages on server" checkbox.   you also might want to consider using imap to check your messages.

that way when your ipad sincs with the server it will not delete your messages.  to sum it up, this is not a problem with your device, its a user configuration issue, theres lots of info and tips on the net that will teach you about email.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

I do not know much about this issue but here is where you will find a lot about that problem

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2599231?start=0&tstart=0
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks but that thread seems to be addressing fixes for macs more than iPads.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

if your checking email on more than one device, then you must do some changes.

Your desktop e-mail client, make sure you check off the "leave email messages on server" checkbox.   you also might want to consider using imap to check your messages.

that way when your ipad sincs with the server it will not delete your messages.  to sum it up, this is not a problem with your device, its a user configuration issue, theres lots of info and tips on the net that will teach you about email.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I understand your comment but can't find the email settings on my control panel - where do I look? Thanks!
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Found it finally - hope it works
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Glad to see you figured it out.

Hopefully you will learn more about how e-mail works after this exercise