Email client setup - will not send / receive

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Email client setup - will not send / receive

Hello :  on a Win 7  32 bit system,  problem stared this way >

installed outlook 2007 ( Office suite ) , it then pulled down 13,000 emails from the server to the inbox !!!

got rid of all that, then "poof" can't communicate with rogers no more.

After many, many hours tried Thunderbird just to see if it could talk with Rogers.

Both Outlook 2007 and Thunderbird 3 can not send / receive emails.

Both give errors of not being able to talk/communicate/receive anthing from the Rogers servers.

Web mail works fine, both Rogers and Gmail talk and receive.   I can ping both the servers.

I have checked settings and reinstalled them; deleted the programs and reinstalled them, checked the account settings many times:

IN - 995,  OUT - 465,  SSL for both and  OUT requiring athentication.

I have flushed the DNS and even tried using just the IP for the IN server setting [ 96.139.212.159 ]

Oddly enough my wife's old Incredimail works with an OUT using 25 instead of 465 ( go figure ) . 

talked with support, they said that Outlook 2007 does not work well with Rogers ( maybe but i think I would see more info on this in the web if so )  they suggested I get a new client { but would IT work ? }

My wife uses Outlook at work and so do I , she would like to use it at homeand so would I.

ideas - any ??

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Re: Email client setup - will not send / receive

@lynnyates wrote:

installed outlook 2007 ( Office suite ) , it then pulled down 13,000 emails from the server to the inbox !!!

After many, many hours tried Thunderbird just to see if it could talk with Rogers.

Both give errors of not being able to talk/communicate/receive anthing from the Rogers servers.

Web mail works fine, both Rogers and Gmail talk and receive.   I can ping both the servers.

I have checked settings and reinstalled them; deleted the programs and reinstalled them, checked the account settings many times:

I have flushed the DNS and even tried using just the IP for the IN server setting [ 96.139.212.159 ]

Oddly enough my wife's old Incredimail works with an OUT using 25 instead of 465 ( go figure ) . 

talked with support, they said that Outlook 2007 does not work well with Rogers ( maybe but i think I would see more info on this in the web if so )  they suggested I get a new client { but would IT work ? }

My wife uses Outlook at work and so do I , she would like to use it at homeand so would I.

ideas - any ??

***Edited Labels***

Are you running any kind of antivirus that could be doing email filtering?

My mom had one (Avast, I think?) on her Mac, and it was messing up her email access really badly, and it was not easy to identify it as the problem...

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted

Hello, @lynnyates

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

Thank you for your detailed post. Outlook 2007 shall work with @rogers.com emails. Are you running any security program, like McAfee, Norton etc? I'm wondering if the email client was blocked by a firewall. Have you tried adding another POP account to your Outlook 2007?

@Gdkitty any more ideas on this issue?

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Will think on it over night.. but the details DO look correct.. should work that way.

Alternatively.. if you DONT specifically need it downloading.. you could try the imap settings?

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

@lynnyates wrote:

ideas - any ??

***Edited Labels***

Are you running any kind of antivirus that could be doing email filtering?

My mom had one (Avast, I think?) on her Mac, and it was messing up her email access really badly, and it was not easy to identify it as the problem...

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

of security I have only MS sec'ty essentials, and do scans with malwarebytes

I have not tried another pop accout -I will look into that

thx