Email: Rogers Yahoo Mail 'temporary error 14'

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Email: Rogers Yahoo Mail 'temporary error 14'

What is wrong with Rogers email lately?  My system keeps shutting down(We're experiencing some technical difficulties...
We’re sorry, but Rogers Yahoo Mail can't load due to a temporary error. You can try back again shortly, or visit our help pages for ways to troubleshoot the issue. Temporary error: 14), or when it finally comes back up, it won't send emails.  (error sending message - your message could not be sent - Server Error)

The windows of 'non-issue' are few and far between, that I often have to sit clicked Send over and over again waiting for that brief moment in time when it decides to work.

Seems ok on my iphone, though occassionally slow.  Most issues are when I'm on a computer (have tried multiple computers and different browsers but all the same problems)

This has been an ongoing problem, but in the last few days its felt far more frequent! 

Pulling my hair out!

***edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Email: Rogers Yahoo Mail 'temporary error 14'

May be something with your account..

i am on mine 5-6 times a day minimum.. and never have an issue myself.

Your on the 'NEW' design, etc?

(you say you've tried multiple browsers.. that would have been my first thing to sugest trying).

ONLY other thing, i could possibly thing.. i know i used to run into this before.
On your iphone.. how did you set up it to get your email?

Is it via a manual/custom setup, and entering the POP information?
Or via the 'yahoo' preset?

In the past, using the POP setup, if my phone had the mail app OPEN or it was doing anything with the email (downloading, checking, etc) it would LOCK UP the webmail for me.

I've Been Here Awhile

I'm on my email all day, every day - so see it coming and going all the time - but so frequent  lately.

Unsure how I set up my iphone as its been so long - its been set up for over a year at least.  I doubt I used the POP as I wouldn't know where to find that info. Smiley Happy  Plus, I always completely close down my iphone email once done - and I don't have it set up to fetch at all.

Maybe it is just me - though noticed a lot of complains on the Canadian Outages site so suspect I'm not alone.

Thanks trying to help!

I've Been Here Awhile

And now its down again with this message....

WE'RE SORRY

You can't access your inbox right now, but our engineering team is workign hard to get things back to normal. 

Yahoo Mail

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Mine went in just fine again.

it might be yahoo.... could still even be rogers...but only specific ones that reside say on one specific server, etc.

I've Been Around

I've experienced this same error off and on for the last few weeks. It *seems* to be mainly when I try and send a message with an attachment (.doc, .pdf, etc), AND I'm using Firefox.  IE seems to be able to send things just fine, as does sending things via my phone.

Hey Rogers: an actual solution would be appreciated (and not just a link to Yahoo! Answers) 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If the other methods are working.. and only not in FF.. i would assume its an error with FF loading/running the applet for the email.