Easiness of ordering new channel is not good.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Easiness of ordering new channel is not good.

My September billing consisted of 3 packs that I didn't order: Anime on Demand, Family Fun Theme Pack and Learning Theme Pack. I was wondering what had happened so I tried to go to a channel that I didn't subscribe. Apparently, with the new menu type on Digital box, to subscribe a channel all you  have  to do is just press A and A, without having to type in the PIN. I have 2 chidren in the house. They can subscribe to anything by just pressing A.

This is crazy, even a guest to my house could do that.

I called Tech suport and they promised to come back to me about this and they didn't (somehow I'm not suprised).Contacted Customer Service and their advice was to block the channel that I didn't subscribe. Blocking like 500 channels??

Can Rogers program the Guide to require PIN to order Channel or Theme Packs? It shouldn't be difficult to program, right?

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?p=1152796

Noticed that other people agree with it.

***Edited labels***

Community Manager (Retired) RogersErin
Community Manager (Retired)

Re: Easiness of ordering new channel is not good.

Hi there didito,

Thanks for participating in our community, and for your suggestions.

Please send your full name and phone number where you can be reached to forumsupport@rci.rogers.com.

Thanks

I've Been Around

Re: Easiness of ordering new channel is not good.

I agree. This new feature is a way for Rogers to make more money by allowing non account holders add channels without restriction. This is ridiculous and needs to be addressed.