Early Upgrade

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Early Upgrade

I must say, that I struggle to think of any way that this OP's post, could impair the forum's core purpose.

I Plan to Stick Around

Well, thanks everyone for the replies before I start answering all of them.

As much as I love my 9700 .. I'm that type of person. That likes full keyboard, trackpad, and a touch screen phone.

It really caught my attention of wanting to hold that phone, and saying yup, I got it from rogers. You know the kind of feeling. I don't want to go to AT&T and unlock my phone because, just holding a Rogers branded phone makes me feel comfortable and protected. There's no difference, in the phone I just like it to be branded as Rogers when I get the 9800. If I ever do.

But I hope they do the same thing, they did to the iPhone 4.

I Plan to Stick Around

@bubbbab wrote:

I must say, that I struggle to think of any way that this OP's post, could impair the forum's core purpose.

Its moderation to keep people from complaining if they are told no or anything like that.  Got to remember this is a question best suited for customer relations and not tech support that way the forums dont turn into an online war.

I Plan to Stick Around

Although, I agree with your statement in principle, I do not with this set of circumstances.  Preventing online wars in a forum will require a state if 100% user prohibition, and the blank screen that goes along with it.  If your saying the technical questions only would prevent online wars as well, I'd have to disagree with that.

I am a pro-Rogers person. I just happen to think that their attempts to censor what people decide to talk about, derails the point of an open forum concept. I still see no purpose to it.

Thanks for your response, the world would be boring if we all shared the same opinion.

Steve.

I Plan to Stick Around

@bubbbab wrote:

Heh. What do you think is this forum's "core purpose"?

The publicly stated purpose, or the real one?

Understanding what a corporation is will help you realize that most every thing done by a corporation is done for one thing - maximize profits (and/or reduce risk to profits).

Contemplating that you might consider that if users are giving *each other* tech support (the publicly stated purpose of this board) that reduces tech support costs for Rog.

However if the users start sharing tips on how to get deals vs Rog - thereby reducing Rog revenue - that goes counter to Rog's raison d'être.

Welcome to Muzzleville : )

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm a customer so I don't want to be raped and, I'm a shareholder so I want good corporate performance.  I'd be disappointed if they didn't look at the positive financial impact of a board like this, I would as well.  I would also expect them to deploy any and all revenue defense mechanisms in their competitive market.

That said, with how well things like Customer Relations and other consumer tools are publicized, I don't think limiting such dialogue here, is really going to defend revenue. There may be a list of no fly zones internally, or there may not be.  Aside from being respectful, I would not support such lists.

I've Been Here Awhile

i came cross your post here about the upgrade it was very usefull , thxs sooo much ill be calling them in the morn

i just made a post about needing some help to figure  out all the confusion they caused us today mamybe if uhave a few mins cld u plz take a look ?

ps .. this is mir lol of danmir 🙂

Retired Moderator RogersJonathan
Retired Moderator

@Community,

Thanks for all the replies on early upgrades!

Please keep in mind our community forum was designed as a place where customers can help each other find answers for technical questions and this thread is getting off-topic for the forums.

Check out other venues where customers can discuss non-technical topics including our RedBoard blog (http://redboard.rogers.com) and our @RogersHelps Twitter account. There are also lots of great third-party forums where non-technical conversations take place regularly.

Here is a link that will point you in the right direction for the early upgrades:

http://redboard.rogers.com/2011/what-you-want-when-you-want-it-upgrade-early-with-rogers/

I hope this helps,