cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Upgrade Phone

jstizzlee
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi,

I currently have an iPhone 4.. which I got from a friend (my HTC Raider, the phone that I signed up on the contract with broke). So I want to upgrade my phone to the Samsung Galaxy S4. I went onto my account and checked the fee and I have a couple of questions.

How much do I pay? It shows me 3 amounts (Device Price, Hardware Upgrade fee,  and early upgrade fee). Do I pay ALL 3 of these fees in order to get myself a Samsung Galaxy S4? I'm a little more than halfway done my contract (I signed the contract on Jan 28, 2012).

And also if I did upgrade the device would I have to renew the contract (3-year contract)? 

Thanks!

***edited labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Early Upgrade Phone

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello jistzzlee

Often many get confused but seeing as you bought it in the beginning of the Flextab, you need to pay the Flextab ( device owing price) to so a hardware upgrade. Please be advised tho when u do a upgrade at the store, they will print our the " upgrade fee" and charge u that. 

So all in all, you pay the flextab amount to upgrade. Also NO, you will be signing a new 2 year contract

****Updated Solution****

When you do an Upgrade you pay what is remaining on your current device which is known as the early upgrade fee/hardware fee plus the price of the new device that you want to upgrade to.; however, if you have completed your current term then you will only pay the price of the new device.. Once the upgrade is done you will then be on a 2 year term for the new device that you upgraded to because we no longer have 3 year terms.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Early Upgrade Phone

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello jistzzlee

Often many get confused but seeing as you bought it in the beginning of the Flextab, you need to pay the Flextab ( device owing price) to so a hardware upgrade. Please be advised tho when u do a upgrade at the store, they will print our the " upgrade fee" and charge u that. 

So all in all, you pay the flextab amount to upgrade. Also NO, you will be signing a new 2 year contract

****Updated Solution****

When you do an Upgrade you pay what is remaining on your current device which is known as the early upgrade fee/hardware fee plus the price of the new device that you want to upgrade to.; however, if you have completed your current term then you will only pay the price of the new device.. Once the upgrade is done you will then be on a 2 year term for the new device that you upgraded to because we no longer have 3 year terms.

We Want Your Opinion
Would you be interested in becoming a Community Testing Lab member?
Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation