Early Upgrade Phone

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Early Upgrade Phone

Hi,

I currently have an iPhone 4.. which I got from a friend (my HTC Raider, the phone that I signed up on the contract with broke). So I want to upgrade my phone to the Samsung Galaxy S4. I went onto my account and checked the fee and I have a couple of questions.

How much do I pay? It shows me 3 amounts (Device Price, Hardware Upgrade fee,  and early upgrade fee). Do I pay ALL 3 of these fees in order to get myself a Samsung Galaxy S4? I'm a little more than halfway done my contract (I signed the contract on Jan 28, 2012).

And also if I did upgrade the device would I have to renew the contract (3-year contract)? 

Thanks!

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Early Upgrade Phone

Hello jistzzlee

Often many get confused but seeing as you bought it in the beginning of the Flextab, you need to pay the Flextab ( device owing price) to so a hardware upgrade. Please be advised tho when u do a upgrade at the store, they will print our the " upgrade fee" and charge u that. 

So all in all, you pay the flextab amount to upgrade. Also NO, you will be signing a new 2 year contract

****Updated Solution****

When you do an Upgrade you pay what is remaining on your current device which is known as the early upgrade fee/hardware fee plus the price of the new device that you want to upgrade to.; however, if you have completed your current term then you will only pay the price of the new device.. Once the upgrade is done you will then be on a 2 year term for the new device that you upgraded to because we no longer have 3 year terms.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Early Upgrade Phone

Hello jistzzlee

Often many get confused but seeing as you bought it in the beginning of the Flextab, you need to pay the Flextab ( device owing price) to so a hardware upgrade. Please be advised tho when u do a upgrade at the store, they will print our the " upgrade fee" and charge u that. 

So all in all, you pay the flextab amount to upgrade. Also NO, you will be signing a new 2 year contract

****Updated Solution****

When you do an Upgrade you pay what is remaining on your current device which is known as the early upgrade fee/hardware fee plus the price of the new device that you want to upgrade to.; however, if you have completed your current term then you will only pay the price of the new device.. Once the upgrade is done you will then be on a 2 year term for the new device that you upgraded to because we no longer have 3 year terms.

View solution in original post