Early Cancellation Fee

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
foxyman
I'm Here A Lot

Early Cancellation Fee

Hey Guys,

Does anyone have any info on what it would cost me to opt out of my current rogers contract. I currently have 10months of my current contract. This is for TV only. My internet contract is already up.

Thanks guys,

***edited labels***

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Early Cancellation Fee

Best would be to call in.. but usualy its a $15-20 / month, plus an outright cancel fee.

BigJug
I'm a Reliable Contributor

I believe they typically charge the discounted amount times the amount of time left in the contract... for example:

if you were on a 20% off the package deal, so you were saving 20% of the regular amount, which for examples sake say you were saving $5 off the package, you would be subjected to pay the $5 x any remaining months left on the contract.. in your case would be $5 x 10 months remaining = $50 early cancellation fee..

Of course this is just a rought estimate, but thats usually how it works.... as GDkitty said, best to call in and speak to a rep to finalize the details.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

Any particular reason you want to cancel? If you can get a better deal from someone else, you can be sure Rogers will offer you a better one to keep you.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello OLDYELLR

That is not true. Rogers most of the times does NOT give you a better deal. They will either match the competitions offer or they will give you a $10 credit or so. I should know as i have Rogers & Bell cable in the same house & many times i called Rogers to get what i have with Bell & yet the Rogers reps would not offer anything close to that.

Depending on which rep you talk to, you may get lucky to get a rep to give you a better deal BUT not always.
OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

Well, there's no harm in trying. Also, we don't know what the OP's reason is for wanting to cancel. Maybe someone else is offering a bundle that includes TV. Then Rogers will counter with their own bundle. It can get very confusing.

foxyman
I'm Here A Lot

My reason for cancelling is to switch to their current $99 a month promotion. 3 years with zero price changes. No more contract and it is guaranteed. I just want to do the math on the cancellation fees and see what it works out too. Im pretty sure over the course of 3 years I will be saving way more money than if i cancel now.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

Well, the annual inceases from Rogers have been as regular as clockwork and in recent years have exceeded the rate of inflation by a wide margin. ;(

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello foxyman

If you are talking about Rogers, i do not see anywhere this promotion. If you are talking about another carrier then that is why. Also if this promotion is on 3 years, that is a contract.. Think about it & you will see it. Why would they give you that price for 3 years without a contract? That is not possible unless you get a contract. Unless there is something out there that i haven't see, you are going on a contract..