Early Cancellation Fee

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Early Cancellation Fee

I opted in for a 3-year contract for an HTC Raider, a year later, I broke the HTC raider and replaced it with an iPhone 4.
So my question is, I want to cancel my contract and change to a different company for personal reasons.

My contract started on January 2012, and based on my understanding.. it's retail savings ($574.99 - $149.99) / contract length x months remaining + 12.50 service deactivation fee.. which is $424.99/36months x 16 months + $12.50 = $201.38

Is this the correct calculation or am I doing it wrong? Can someone enlighten me on this? 

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Early Cancellation Fee

Hello Vbijou

In order to know the right amount and all the information, you will need to contact Rogers via calling them, Live Chat, Facebook or Twitter @RogersHelps and have them check your account and give you tge proper information. None of us on here know it or work for Rogers unfortunately.

As Pauly said... Always ask in the beginning about stuff like this. Also on the contract you signed it should show the amount owing on the balance and or cancellation fee.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I belive that is aproximately right.

Not sure if you are on the flex tab or not, with that sign up period.

If you call in, they would be able to give you the exact amount that you would have to pay out.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I called in today because I needed an answer quickly and the representative said around $280.

I have another question. I kinda want to port my number over from Rogers to Fido, the sales representative said it's $100 dollars but is the price different if I've been ported from Fido to Rogers before?

Basically. I want to port from Rogers -> Fido. But I've ported from Fido -> Rogers, but I want to port back.

It's kinda confusing 😞 

Highlighted
I've Been Around

I have the same question. I have a rocket hub and I want to cancel. How much can they charge me for canceling my internet?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You would likely have to call in and ask. But all depends on what your contract was, etc.

Let's say they gave you $300 savings for the hub for signing the contract. 2 year contract.
12.50 is subtracted every month over the two years.
So if you have one year left, you would have to pay back 125 still

Then there is the $13 cancelation fee everyone pays.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

this question is also best asked during the sign up process, that way people can avoid the shock when they find out later on down the road..   i always make a best effort to ask this question at the time when im signing a contract.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Vbijou

In order to know the right amount and all the information, you will need to contact Rogers via calling them, Live Chat, Facebook or Twitter @RogersHelps and have them check your account and give you tge proper information. None of us on here know it or work for Rogers unfortunately.

As Pauly said... Always ask in the beginning about stuff like this. Also on the contract you signed it should show the amount owing on the balance and or cancellation fee.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I've Been Around

So I've been wanting to buy a new unlocked phone but my current Roger's phone is under a 2 year contract that will be done by August 9th. I was wondering if it is possible to cancel this service right now? If so..what would I have to pay asides from obviously the remaining amount left to pay off for the phone. 

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Other than remaining hardware ballance, all that you would have to pay, is the regular cancelation of $12ish.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Shmoopy22

You will need to pay your remaining Flextab amount, your last months bill & a $12.50 disconnection fee charge. Other then that you do not pay anything else.