Early Cancellation Fee moving to taiwan

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Early Cancellation Fee moving to taiwan

Hi there! My wife and I are moving to Taiwan and we have contacts with rogers wireless. How much does it cost to cancel our service??? we renewed about 8 months ago but I am accepting a job overseas. any help as I'm trying to calculate as we still owe money on our flextab

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Early Cancellation Fee moving to taiwan

If you log into your MYROGERS associated with your account

then go into the wireless section.

then click on the view/pay device ballance link.. should show you with 16 months to go aprox, and what the amount should be.

It would be that, plus the regular 12.50 cancel fee, and the last 30 days bill.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello danielcook604

It all depends on what devices you got what upgraded 8 months ago. You can always log into My Rogers - products and services - Device Balance. This will tell you the amount left and the months left which should be 16 months.

You can also visit a Rogers location or contact Rogers and cancel the accounts. The final bill should be the Flextab - Last months Bill and a $12.50 disconnecting fee for cancellation on the line.
I Plan to Stick Around

Are you certain that Rogers can apply a cancellation fee?  If he renews 8 months ago, the new CRTC Wireless Code should be applicable to his contract, and the Wireless Code does not allow a vendor to charge any more than the outstanding balance of the device to cancel the service.

Also the Wireless Code prohibits billing of one month of service in advance for cancellation.  If you cancel, the service stops on the same day and billing stops on the same day.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

They can not charge an EARLY CANCELATION FEE like they used to.... only hardware subsidy.

The 12.50 is a cancel fee, that ANYONE would pay.. you have had your phone for 5 years, no longer on any contract for 2+ years, just paying month to month, you would pay the 12.50.  Its more of just an admin fee for canceling, etc.. to close the account.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello rgl168

Yes as the CRTC is allowing this to go. The $12.50 disconnecting fee is for everyone.

They can't change a cancellation fee but now it's the device recovery fee aka Flextab. If you don't have a Flextab, you only pay the $12.50 disconnecting fee and your last months bill.
I Plan to Stick Around

If that's the case, I'll recommend to the OP that he pays the device balance, switches the account to prepaid and just let the account expire.

Edit:  I am looking at the Redboard and Rogers posted the following:

"The one-time service deactivation fee is $12.50 per line and charged to all term customers in provinces other than Quebec and Manitoba if they choose to cancel their services before the end of their fixed term."

Then from this statement, the $12.50 should only person who are cancelling earlier than their contract terms.  Persons who are on month-to-month, not under contract, as well as Quebec and Manitoba residents, the $12.50 fee should not be applicable.

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 in conversation