EVO 3D Incoming caller name display

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Re: EVO 3D Incoming caller name display

Lame.... You needed name display that bad?

I Plan to Stick Around

I had the same problem too. But I decided to take out the feature because some number keeps calling ne and no number shows up and the name always says UNKNOWN. I can't add the number to block it from calling me. Is there a way I can get the number to stop calling me because its getting really annoying just to hear it calling every single day.

I've Been Around

ya bro, I would have just lived with no name display, not a big deal.

I've Been Around

Is there still no solution for getting Name Display to work on the EVO 3D? Will this ever be addressed?

I'm a Trusted Contributor

The problem with Name Display is that it only really works for land lines calling you, or other Rogers numbers. Unless the other carriers publish the numbers publicly, Rogers can't display it. So the whole Name Display thing in general is quite non functional.
I Plan to Stick Around

Are you saying that no one uses land lines or Rogers phones?

I see plenty of callers names on my Galaxy S2 and love it.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

It works fine for my buddy at work that has the HTC Evo & call display works fine on my HTC Raider.

@mbazdell. You are so wrong. I suggest you research a bit more before you comment. Every name shows up on the display when they call you. Landlines / cell phones & military phones ( they use Satellites)

I have friends that call me from Greece / Italy & yet their name show up. Rogers & other carriers can display the names...
I Plan to Stick Around

We aren't talking about friends and people that are known to you, we are referring to calls from unknown people and rely on the name that is transmitted with the call, not stored in your phone. Telus and Bell cellular phones do not transmit the names only the number.
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@Meowmix wrote:

I have friends that call me from Greece / Italy & yet their name show up. Rogers & other carriers can display the names...

I would be surprised if Rogers Caller Name Display knows the name of phone number owners outside of Canada.

Are you sure you don't have the phone number of your friends in your contact list?

(these phone numbers may have been automatically added from their Facebook or Google+ profile)

Rogers:

"Incoming callers with blocked numbers, calls originating outside Canada or from callers whose wireless carrier/landline provider either does not have this service available or does not have an interconnectivity agreement with Rogers cannot be identified by Name Display."