EVERY DAY!!!! Change my password on rogers email (YAHOO) ENOUGH!!!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

EVERY DAY!!!! Change my password on rogers email (YAHOO) ENOUGH!!!

Your account safety is our top priority.

Recently, we have detected some unusual activity on your account and as a result, we’ve temporarily locked it for your protection. You may unlock your account immediately by changing your password.

Yahoo will not reply to my emails. Rogers is totally useless. Cleaned my laptop (its the only thing I use for email). All over the internet there is this problem reported. This has been happening now for about a month. I'm sick of it. Can't rogers do anything? Nothing has been sent out from my Yahoo account. History shows the only ip connecting to Yahoo is my ip.

***edited labels***

Steve
Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: EVERY DAY!!!! Change my password on rogers email (YAHOO) ENOUGH!!!

When you say all over the internet.. is this other providers? All yahoo?  Just curious.

I havent got it myself.. no warnings, no locks, etc..

That you only use the one device, and that the machine is clean.. is good..
What email program do you use on there? (or do you only use the webmial?)

I do recall quite a while ago.. that some thunderbird users would get the same thing.. would get account locks.  For some reason, thunderbird would try either too many connections in succession, at the same time, something like that... and view it as something BAD.. forcing people to go in via the webmail to change it, etc.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Did a little more research into this..
Never able to find a DEFINATE answer on it though.. but what i found out.

Appears this is not rogers centric... a few other ISPs around the world, who are also partnered with Yahoo. have had the same thing.... this leads me to its a YAHOO issue.  Unfortunately, as you say, yahoo wont deal with us, as we are rogers customers... and rogers has no control, of THOSE parts of the email system (really, they can only do account management, etc)..

Rexxman, when you are getting those messages, were are you getting them.. via email? Or via web browser when trying to log into the webmail (and its forcing you to change).

Some of what i was reading up on it.. believes alot of the messages, were more a phishing..  as if such a lock occurs.. it SHOULD lock you out 100%.. IE, when you try to log in, it forces you to change right away.'

I am interested in hearing more about how/where this actualy happens..  to help inform others here.. and hopefuly we can get one of the reps here to push this issue internaly.  But we need all the details 🙂

I've Been Here Awhile

I have the same problem! Me it's since two months, i had to change my password every other day, I called Rogers and they change my security question/answer, it is better now, I had to change password only once since a week but the rep said it should not asked me to change it again..I cross my fingers as this is really annoying! My mail account is with a Mac and yahoo .

It is a Yahoo problem and Rogers can not do anything with it. I have had this email since Rogers started providing internet and I don't want to give it up. Rogers was no help what so ever. I find out it is a problem when Outlook tries to get the mail and it says there is a problem. When I go to the web mail interface it tells me there is a problem and I have to change my password. A number of agents at my office have the same problem.

Steve
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Your an oldschool person like me 🙂
I had my email since the rogers internet BETA program 🙂

Hmmm.. that you bring up outlook.. i am thinking this is less of a security thing..

This is sounding more like what i have heard of in the past, with mostly THUNDERBIRD specificaly in the past (not really with outlook).. that it was somehow sending/requesting too many requests as once.. and was triggering some part of the system to say to lock out, like it thought it was someone trying to spam with it... requiring them to log in via the web mail and change to fix.

This is sounding like that issue croping up again 😞

I think I have nailed it down. My Iphone. What happens is the Iphone has a setting to go directly to yahoo to pick up the mail. Not a good idea. I have change the setting to go through Rogers smtp to pick up mail. I have a feeling that is the problem. Bell logs into Yahoo and if there is any funny stuff going on then Yahoo shuts it down. It must be some setting Yahoo has set up for Rogers. Anyways we will see tomorrow. As always GDkitty thank you. I will keep you updated.

Steve
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I know, with the WEBMAIL, i cant log into it, when i have my iphone open, and its trying to download mail via SMTP.. sorta locks the connection open.

I am guessing something similar maybe.. that your phone may be tieing up the connection.. and then when outlook is trying, its going "hey, these are from two very different sources" (since your phone is with bell ?).. and locking it down.

Hopefuly the change to SMTP works for you 🙂

@remaxman wrote:

It is a Yahoo problem and Rogers can not do anything with it. I have had this email since Rogers started providing internet and I don't want to give it up. Rogers was no help what so ever. I find out it is a problem when Outlook tries to get the mail and it says there is a problem. When I go to the web mail interface it tells me there is a problem and I have to change my password. A number of agents at my office have the same problem.

I was thinking like that too. Then thought a few years back, screw it. They're not doing you any favors. Migrated to gmail and never looked back. Yes, it's a pain to move all your contacts to gmail, billing accounts, banking info, etc. but in the end it's worth it. 2-3 days of administrative hassle but lifetime of bliss.  The only time I look at the rogers yahoo account is delete SPAM!! Another reason for leaving. Point blank!

I'm an Advisor

If you want to know more about why this is happening, check out:

http://threatpost.ca/en_us/blogs/yahoo-mail-breach-linked-old-wordpress-vulnerability-013113

Yahoo apparently did not exercise due diligence with regards to security-related updates, and now anyone who uses Yahoo email is paying.

skinorth