EMail message - Action required: Important changes to your email service

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: EMail message - Action required: Important changes to your email

i didnt think that the east coast had different email servers... i beleive EVERYONE should be using pop.broadband.rogers.com

I know there used to be more seperate ones... my mothers email client was this way.
and it still worked.. i would assume that name was just forwarding to the right address in the end then anways.
When i tried to enable the SSL on hers.. wouldnt work, until i changed it over to pop.broadband.rogers.com.

The port numbers, should be the same no matter what.  Those are the same port numbers that yahoo (who runs rogers email servers) is forcing people to use.

Try chaning the server name and see if it works? (with the corisponding port changes)

I've Been Here Awhile

Re: EMail message - Action required: Important changes to your email

Never mind, It's working now. Sorry about that. By the way. wondering if I can add my email account on my Andriod program on SamSung S4. Same as I do on my email account.

Thanks for reply so quickly.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: EMail message - Action required: Important changes to your email service

Oh yeah, shouldn't be a problem on the phone as well. Just enter the same info and settings on there.

Now only thing, not sure how your current program on the pc is set up. IF it's set up to download all, you won't see it show up on the phone as the pc may have downloaded it already.
On both devices, you would want to make sure to set to leave a copy on server.

I've Been Around

My problem that I get on my phone is that when I try to set up my rogers email account on my  Galaxy S3, it states that it recieves no reply from the server. As well, I'm no longer recieving the majority of my emails on my home laptop.  I have discarded my rogers account on my phone, & then reloaded it to see if that would help, but to no avail. Any ideas? ( I use windows7)

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hard to say without seeing everything on both systems infront of me..

Is it still receiving them on the laptop, just not all of them? or not connecting at all.

If it was set to download (and not keep on the server), some of the older ones could be missing from it as it downloaded..

Not having an android infront of me.. cant really look up on the specifics on the settings/screens there.
Maybe try posting on the android section of the forum, one of the android users can help there.

I Plan to Stick Around

To set up S3, go to the "Email" app;

> Account settings > More settings > Server settings > Incoming settings:

Username:

xxxxx@rogers.com

Password:

oooooooo

POP3 server:

pop.broadband.rogers.com

Security type:

SSL

Port:

Then go to:

> Account settings > More settings > Server settings > Outgoing setting settings:

SMTP server:

smtp.broadband.rogers.com

Security type:

SSL (Accept all certificates)

Port:

Username:

xxxxx@rogers.com

Password:

oooooooo

I Plan to Stick Around

And why should users be forced to use Rogers web mail in lieu of their [users] preferred e-mail app.?

Rogers does not give a hoot they just want everything their way or the the highway.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

They are NOT forced into using the webmail app.

the webmail, is an OPTION... but far from necessary (bar for a password reset, account management, etc).

There are many who have posted here, who have never used the app before.

You can always use POP (with the new SSL changes) or IMAP, on your choice of client.
(heck, there is a user here still using a like 10 year old version of pegasus mail, who was helped in configuring it to work with the new settings).