EMail Management Options?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

EMail Management Options?

Hi there,

Some time ago Rogers introduced security measures so that if one wants to send email with a domain other than rogers email then that email has to be varryfied before being able to send using a client such as Windows Mail. The verification procedure provided by rogers was to visit www.rogers.yahoo.com and log in with my rogers email and password follwed by going into the settings and then the quick link "Manage Email Options".

The problem is that for some time now this quick link no longer works. When clicked it bounces me back to the email inbox instead of the settings page. So my question is how am I supposed to verify my email example@domain.com if I want to be able to send using the client mainly Window Mail? Has the procedure changed?

Thanks,

Tom

***edited labels***

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: EMail Management Options?

I dont ever remember them ever implementing something like this...

(and i have had/used rogers email, since they first had it, with ROGERSWAVE).

I have never had to verify an email, to be able to send it externally.. not only from the webmail (which i rarely use), but external apps as well..

iphone via POP and imap... no issues sending to external domains.
My wife uses outlook 2013, via PoP with no issues.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for the reply.

In that case I'll have another look and get back with my findings. But for my scenario I have emails that are hosted by my web hosting company and the incoming settings are configured in my Windos Mail for the host's servers.  However, for security reasons as Rogers explained some time ago, the outgoing had to be configured for the rogers mail server. To be clear I'm talking about non @rogers.com emails.

Rogers realeased an article about it which I'll scan later and post but for now here is the intro part of it below:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

E-mail Security Enhancements

As part of our commitment to providing customers with the best Internet service possible, we are continuously looking at ways to make the Rogers Hi-Speed Internet service safer and more reliable.

To this end, we are implementing a new e-mail security enhancement. This will affect ONLY customers who:

Use a non-@rogers.com email address as their "From" address in outgoing mail

-AND-

Use an email program such as Microsoft Outlook, Outlook Express, etc.

If you fall into the category above and still wish to continue sending e-mail using a non-@rogers.com address as your "From" e-mail address, you will need to make a simple settings change.

If you have not already made these changes, you may see a "553 Error Message" when you attempt to send email. Following the steps below will fix this problem.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After that the steps to follow are listed which I can't follow due to the "Manage Mail Options" link not working.

Thanks,

Tom

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Ok, i had miss understood what you were doing.

Using a 3rd party email domain... and needing to SEND email from inside a rogers internet service.

Right... MOST 3rd party SMTP servers are blocked... to prevent SPAMING from having a virus/malware using someone elses, say from a infected rogers user, etc.

Though... you shouldnt have to 'register' anything.
Really all that is necessary.. is in your email program.. under the account settings... your POP you would have your domains incomming email server, etc.   But then for your outgoing, you enter in your ROGERS smtp server, make sure that SSL is enabled, it has the right port (you'll have to double check what the NEW SSL port numbers are), and that you are providing credentials (your email and password)...

And thats all that should be needed.
Unless something DID change... but i have helped people on here fairly recently in the past with this issue, and it did work for them, with nothing extra being done.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Okay, I'll try that and report back. By the way, you've mentioned about new SSL ports, where can I get this information from? Does rogers have a page where they keep cutomers updated about port and server changes?

Thanks,

Tom

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

There was a MAILING.. and i beleive it was posted on the bill... as well as emailed out to the @rogers email account.. way back when it was happening.

Let me see if i can find the link.

http://www.rogers.com/web/content/emaildownload?setLanguage=en