cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the contract work both ways? Signed up for a new iphone 5s - Rogers not honoring

jasonjason12
I've Been Around

Hey everyone,

Just want to see what my options are here...

On Sept 20, I signed up for a new iphone, 2 year contract, same plan, for $309 (incl admin fee, and HST) with a $50 rebate. My service agreement clearly states this (pic below) This is my copy and rogers also has a copy.

agreement

All is well until I get my bill. (pic below) I see I am being charged $719 for the phone. Fair enough, I'll give them a call and it'll be taken care of..right? .. after 30 minutes on the phone they cant help me, and tell me I have to physically go to the store where I bought it.

bill

It takes me a few days to get a chance to head back to the store (major inconvenience), and I am told they can sign me up for a 2 year deal (and get the original charge of $309 for the phone), but I'll have to change my plan. Currently I pay 55+16 = $76 for my plan (my 5 canada wide, 1 gig data)... I am told my new plan has to be above $60, and if I want anything with canada wide (essential for me), the cheapest plan is $85.

So basically, I'm being forced to pay an extra 10$ per month..

My service agreement clearly states
-same plan
-2 year contract
-$309 (-$50 rebate).

I'm sure Rogers would hold me to an agreement.. should I be able to expect the same from Rogers?

I've tried to get this sorted out over the phone, in person, will attempt once to see if this can be rectified online.   If not, I am planning to return the phone.   I also posted this at howardforums

***edited labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Does the contract work both ways? Signed up for a new iphone 5s - Rogers not honoring

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Unfortunately, it cant be rectified here.. this is a user to user help forum. 😞

Looks like the buggered up, when addding the phone.. that it SHOULD have been on contract for the lower price, rather than just and outright buy.

Unfortunately, to sign up for the new contracts, the min $60 plans are manitory (i am NOT saying that its RIGHT.. its just the way that most of the companies are doing it now, to recover the money lost from having to do it over 2 years instead of 3).  Only way to NOT get the plan increase change, is to do it via buying it outright.

Alot of the other carriers, are doing similar as well 😞

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Does the contract work both ways? Signed up for a new iphone 5s - Rogers not honoring

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Unfortunately, it cant be rectified here.. this is a user to user help forum. 😞

Looks like the buggered up, when addding the phone.. that it SHOULD have been on contract for the lower price, rather than just and outright buy.

Unfortunately, to sign up for the new contracts, the min $60 plans are manitory (i am NOT saying that its RIGHT.. its just the way that most of the companies are doing it now, to recover the money lost from having to do it over 2 years instead of 3).  Only way to NOT get the plan increase change, is to do it via buying it outright.

Alot of the other carriers, are doing similar as well 😞

View solution in original post

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation