Does it cost to receive texts from USA (free text alert service)

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Does it cost to receive texts from USA (free text alert service)

Hey guys I was just wondering if somebody could enlighten me quicly about the question I have regarding receiving texts from the US as *free text alert servies* to Canada. I am currently on a familty plan with my samsung galaxy s3 (6gb plan) Thnx.

***edited labels***

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Does it cost to receive texts from USA (free text alert service)

Hello ushy86

It all depends. Is this a app or a normal text number? If its a app, it will use data if u use the app. If u text to a number on your text app, then it will charge u.
I Plan to Stick Around

It has to do with stock news and picks. you text a number such as *665756* with a word and you get automated msgs.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello ushy86

In the text message you receive, does it tell you that u will be charged for the texts u send or receive? If it does not, it most likely is a free text from the service owners.

I get text messages from the Weather Network when there is a storm or bad weather, i get charged $3 per month for that tho.
I Plan to Stick Around

I haven't texted to the number to receive *free alerts* as of yet, because I wanted to ask about it first.
By the way, the site and alert comes from foxpennystocks,