Do discounts on internet service apply to extras?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Do discounts on internet service apply to extras?

I just went through the mill with retentions a month ago and have a decent discount on internet service  - currently using express.

However I have the D2 modem and don't really want to buy the Hitron etc - so does the discount also apply to renting the $7.00

a month tor rent the D3 crappy ones?

And if I go over the 60 gb limit which should be 80? Does it apply to the $2.00 per gig charge?

Or if I buy the 20 gb for $5.00 offer which should be included.

Anybody in the same situation can check their invoices? - I really don't want to endure another sales pitch.

If they would just let me buy a Motorola SB series anything to use even if they gouged me on price none of this would be necessary.

***edited labels***

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Do discounts on internet service apply to extras?

The 80g cap only applies if you are using the D3s

As for the discount it might apply to the rental. I have a 60% off TV deal right now and it includes the 60 off box rentals. But it will depend on what they offered you.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

my internet discount includes my modem

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you both for the information

Bruce

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If it currently does, it should then dicsount on the D3 gateways as well.

IE:  On my TV discount, i had 1 PVR and 1 HD box discounted... descided to get another HD box.. and it comes up discounted too..

SO you should be able to switch and have the savings on it.  This will also get you the 80g cap.

Once you get it, you then would be best to bridge mode it, and turn into a modem only.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi GDkitty

I broke down and live chatted this morning - for the benefit of anyone else needing same information heres what CSR said

Discounts on modem rental does apply

No discounts on overage or  extra GB prices - they are net prices.

Yes I've read extensively here about the bridging and because I don't like the Cisco, SMC, or Hitron based on info here on this forum I'm still stuck.   My present modem and router combination work flawlessly on D2.

However $2 a gb for overage is completely unacceptable.  So I either pay the $5 for 20gb when i need it or rent the gateway for slightly under $5 net to get the 20 gb ( or buy it for $150 which is 33 months rental to break even at the discounted rate)

However renting it would be making a bet that Rogers would eventually offer a decent standalone D3 modem to buy or that I would leave Rogers in a year or so if they don't.  I've been using my purchased D2 for over six years with Rogers.

What also irks me is while I only own the one D2 modem I own at least 5 routers already so I hardly need one of these 3rd rate gateways for my obsolete tech collection. But I hate renting / leasing things as the payments go on forever.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

depending on your other services with rogers.. you can get unlimited with them added on (hopefuly, that the discount doenst prevent it), for 10-30

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes, I've seen it but I don't (and won't) subscribe to the boob tube service and it 's not worth $30 a month to me -  It would just encourage me to fill my hard drives with garbage and waste more time anyway.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Thats fine 🙂

was just informing, incase you hadnt seen it.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm personally enjoying filling my 2TB hard drive with garbage.

I only added it because of my discount.

With that, I was only paying $24 instead of $30.

Yes, that $6 savings is what swayed me.