Do all channels broadcast in 1080i?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
juniorinoshawa
I've Been Around

Do all channels broadcast in 1080i?

Hi All! Would appreciate your help - I am trying to decide whether to buy a 720p or 1080p tv? Can anyone tell me whether all channels are broadcasting in 1080i? I think I've heard that on-demand definitely does, but do all others? I had a Future Shop employee tell me that Rogers broadcasts in 720p during the week and 1080p on the weekend....whaaaaa???? I rarely watch movies on a DVD player, so that is not entering into my purchase decision! If enough channels broadcast on 1080i or p, then I will buy the more expensive tv...any help would be appreciated!!! - JR

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Do all channels broadcast in 1080i?

Not all channels from what i have seen broadcast in 1080i. Some are just normal channels. I would suggest getting a 1080p TV.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Not all channels from what i have seen broadcast in 1080i. Some are just normal channels. I would suggest getting a 1080p TV.

View solution in original post

Fookaroo
I Plan to Stick Around

No TV channel right now is in 1080p, the only content you'll get in 1080p is Blu-ray. On Rogers, most channels are 1080i, but a few are 720p also, like HD The Score, HD Fox, HD A&E 

If you going to watch Blu-Ray movies on your new TV, spend the extra few $$$ and get a 1080p set.

A good read on the two can be found here:

http://reviews.cnet.com/720p-vs-1080p-hdtv/

Chris
I'm a Senior Advisor

Yeah go for 1080p... Unless the tv is of a smaller size then you probably can't tell the difference..