Do I have to go to Bell? Poor / Intermittent Reception in New House. Can I use WiFi?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Do I have to go to Bell? Poor / Intermittent Reception in New House. Can I use WiFi?

Hello everybody.

My wife and I have a BB Bold 9000 and a BB Torch.

We recently moved and the reception at our new house in Beeton Ontario is terrible and intermittent. I have a good Internet connection through Bell and i can send and when I am at home I can send and receive texts / e-mails on my WiFi network. Is there any way to use my WiFi for calls?

I am reasonably happy with Rogers, but need to be able to make and receive calls from home. I know for awhile Rogers offered a service called Home Calling Zone that used WiFi, is this or something like this available for our existing phones?

Appreciate the help.

Twis

***edited labels***

Rogers Employee WiseD
Rogers Employee

Re: Do I have to go to Bell? Poor / Intermittent Reception in New House. Can I use WiFi?

Hello Twis,

First off the Wifi Calling feature is still available but would need to be added to your account for it to work. As far as the devices you have.. The BB9800 can use this feature (if the device is up to date software wise) but unforunately the BB9000 is not a Wifi Calling enabled device. What you might want to try is adding the feature to the Torch line and test it out. If it works then maybe an upgrade for the bb9000 might resolve your reception issues.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!