Do I get charged for adding applications?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Do I get charged for adding applications?

I am new to the world of Blackberry's and stuff so I would like to ask this here, rather then call and be put on hold forever and ask a really dumb question (well to me it is!).

I just downloaded the Rogers One Number. It says that I can add mobile downloads to be able to synchronize my contact lists and text messaging. Do I get charged for this since I do not have a data plan? Also what about the My Rogers application? Will I get charged if I download and install it to my BB?

I am sure this is easy to anser, but I don't want to start downloading and installing apps only to find a charge on my bill the next month!

Thank you to anyone who can answer this for me!

******* Edit labels ********

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Do I get charged for adding applications?

I will not let you download any apps since you do not have the BIS ( Blackberry internet services) data add on. It might let you but most of the times it won't. & yes it will cost you if you start downloading apps from the App World.

I would suggest getting the lowest data which is 500MB & download a few apps.

I am not too sure but i think you can download apps via Wifi but just to be safe i would suggest calling Rogers & having them check it for you.
Googling it shows me you are able to download apps VIA Wifi but does not show me if you need BIS before that.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I could understand if you are downloading from Blackberry App World store that you get charged. But these apps are all from Rogers and they encourage you to download them but are silent as to whether you are charged or not for adding them.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

I know what you mean but Rogers needs access to EDGE or 3G data in order to use the My Rogers app or the Rogers music app. Those are something a lot of people do not like because it does take data from you.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

These are apps for the Rogers One number though.Nowhere that I read does it say that you get charged anything for downloading them but I want to make sure.