Disney Channel re-branding & new Chorus Disney channels

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Disney Channel re-branding & new Chorus Disney channels

Reading up on some things.

Looks like by the end of this year, the current DISNEY channels Disney XD and Disney Jr, their license with Disney is OVER and will be rebrading an FAMILY channels again.

BUT... it appears that CORUS Entertainment will be picking it up.
http://www.newswire.ca/en/story/1518997/corus-entertainment-and-disney-abc-television-group-join-for...

I know that rogers 'can't comment on things which have not been announced' sort of thing 😛

BUT if any rogers person does get any information on this that they are able to share when it becomes available.. will rogers be picking up the channels.. in what packages, etc. it would be greatly appreciated 🙂

Disney Jr is a big channel in our household for my son 🙂

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Disney Channel re-branding & new Chorus Disney channels

Hello Community

Currently, we're in discussions with Corus Entertainment to launch Disney Channel. As these discussions are still ongoing, we're unable to launch the service on September 1, 2015.

You can still enjoy select Disney programs through Family Channel until December 31, however, Disney Channel will be the new home for programs that you previously found on Family Channel

Customers can check updates through rogers.com for more information on this.

RogersAsif

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hey @Gdkitty !

I loved Disney as a kid, so I understand the importance in this for you and many others families.

At this time we don’t have any information about this topic. We haven’t made any changes to our offerings related to Disney content.

If any changes are made, I will be sure to share with the Community!

RogersAsif

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

From what i have read.. the CHORUS channel isnt going live till Sept?  And the current disney channel license goes till the end of the year.

So hopefully closer to Sept we will see some more infor on it.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

So in a nut shell. One channel is changing names due to its contract with walt disney, there Should be no huge impacts other than the library of shows they televise which is no big deal channels rebrand all the time.

The other one is a NEW network which we have no info on at this time and dont speculate untill a deal is reached.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

So, now that we are less than a week away from Disney Channel Canada officially launching, can you confirm that Rogers Customers will be getting Disney Channel. We will have no need for Family Channel once it no longer carries Disney programming.
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello @Avoidinglaundry,

Welcome to the Community! 

As @RogersAsif mentioned earlier, we currently do not have any updates regarding changes but will surely update the Community as soon as we get any communication. 🙂 

Thanks,

RogersHassam 

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

No updates since April of this year? A number of other cable companies (Bell, Cogeco, Telus) are making this Channel available on its launch date of September 1st and yet every customer service rep I have talked to at Rogers has no idea about any of the changes that are occurring.
Since Rogers seems to be all about sports, I will use a phrase that they might understand......Rogers, you have dropped the ball yet again. 😠
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

From what i have further read.. doesnt look like the stuff on the CURRENT one will be disapearing instantly on the 1st to the new channel.. there is a 1-2 month sort of period where they will still have stuff.

HOPEFULLY by then rogers will have the new one.

Disney channel is a MAJOR staple with my son in our house

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

There is a discussion on the Disney Channel Canada Facebook page with the general consensus that Rogers won't be carrying Disney Channel Canada   https://www.facebook.com/disneychannelcanada/timeline?ref=page_internal&__nodl&_rdr

Nothing has been announced from Corus themselves with respect to carriers...and its now less than 24 hours to go.

I've basically told my kids to not hold their breath. 

I suspect the Rogers agents won't know because they all too busy dealing with Navigatr complaints.   Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

I received an inquiry regarding it last night and actually had to check out the Wikipedia entry for the channel as I had never heard of the channel before then.