Disheartening Situation but I had to vent!!!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Disheartening Situation but I had to vent!!!

My husband and I have been Rogers wireless costumers for close to 10 years. I recently called Customer service on April 18th to cancel both our contracts. This was for two reasons: (1) I now had a phone from work so I did not require 2 phones; (2) My husband wanted to cancel his contract but continue using his phone on a prepaid plan.

Because we wanted to cancel services, we were transferred to Costumer relations. I was then informed that we were both eligible for a free upgrade. I still canceled my contract and disconnected my phone because of the fact that I simply no longer needed it. But we decided to go ahead and upgrade my husband's phone to an Iphone 6 (16Gb). What pushed this decision was the free upgrade, but also a 100$ discount on the device itself. I further discounted the device by using my Rogers First Rewards points. So I was told that the cost of the phone on a two year plan would be 198.50$ instead of 348.50$.

I received my bill yesterday only to see that the 100$ discount was not applied. After speaking to someone from Billing and with someone from Customer services, I was told that there is no evidence or mention of this discount on the notes from April 18th. Because of this, they can do nothing.  When I asked to be transfered to Costumer Relations, I was told that they could not transfer me unless I wanted to cancel something. 

I find this situation very disheartening and I am feeling absolutely helpless because it is a "He said She said" situation. The only reason we decided to upgrade was because of this 100$ discount. I can't help but feel like I have been played for a fool by Customer Relations.

A very disappointed customer who is seriously questioning her loyalty to Rogers,

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Disheartening Situation but I had to vent!!!

Hi @sonierb

Sorry to hear about your customer services experience with your wireless account. Smiley Sad

We’d like to help and look into this further for you to make it right. I’m going to have someone from @CommunityHelps reach out to you in a Private Message, please check our Messages from the Envelope icon in the top right hand side of your screen.

Thanks!

@RogersPrasana

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @sonierb

Sorry to hear about your customer services experience with your wireless account. Smiley Sad

We’d like to help and look into this further for you to make it right. I’m going to have someone from @CommunityHelps reach out to you in a Private Message, please check our Messages from the Envelope icon in the top right hand side of your screen.

Thanks!

@RogersPrasana

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Just wanted to let everyone know that the issue was resolved! Thank you Rogers for clarifying the situation so promptly!

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @sonierb

I am glad to hear the issue has been resolvedSmiley Very Happy

Thanks for stopping by the Community!

RogersAsif