Disgusting advert on home page of yahoo

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Countrykitty
I've Been Around

Disgusting advert on home page of yahoo

I have this disgusting advert of a rotting toe on the reconfigured home page of rogers yahoo.  It nauseates me.  Is there a program to rid me of all adverts and popups??  I should not have to be nauseated and puking to use the browser.  I have changed to MSN but that doesn't solve the basic problem of disgusting crap on a home page.  it should be buried somewhere

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Disgusting advert on home page of yahoo

If its an ADVERT, its something that is there, rotating, etc, on the page through the yahoo ad program.
Like you said.. going to msn.. or ANY page that has ads, there is always the chance of having something like this come up.. you really have no control over the ad content.

Using IE as your web broweser, there is not much you can do.

I know with firefox, you can get an addon called ADBLOCK PLUS (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/adblock-plus/) which will block the majority of the adverts.

Only downside of using this, is ocassionaly on some pages.. depending on how the CODING is done for the site, can cause the webpage to not load properly, as it stops a script and prevents the rest of the page from loading after it.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If its an ADVERT, its something that is there, rotating, etc, on the page through the yahoo ad program.
Like you said.. going to msn.. or ANY page that has ads, there is always the chance of having something like this come up.. you really have no control over the ad content.

Using IE as your web broweser, there is not much you can do.

I know with firefox, you can get an addon called ADBLOCK PLUS (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/adblock-plus/) which will block the majority of the adverts.

Only downside of using this, is ocassionaly on some pages.. depending on how the CODING is done for the site, can cause the webpage to not load properly, as it stops a script and prevents the rest of the page from loading after it.

View solution in original post

jays77
I'm a Trusted Contributor

I have not tried to use it , but this may help.

Scroll to bottom of home page and on the right hand siide you should find links for about yahoo, terms etc.. One of the links is "About our Ads".
Click and you should find a link about "what choices do I have." and a button that say Manage. Click that and there are several choices for selection or opt out.