Disabling voicemail on N95 8gb

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Disabling voicemail on N95 8gb

Hi, I am new to this forum. Tried searching through the messages, but couldn't find, unless I've missed.

My question is, How can disable voicemail on Nokia N95 8gb, and if I cannot . I want to know how to make 

incoming call ringing for, say, 10 rings or so. Can I do it from the set or landline.

Any help would be appriciated.

Archie.

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Disabling voicemail on N95 8gb

all calls to voicemail ring at 20 seconds, which is approxc 4 rings, this is hardcoded in the GSM HLR and can not be changed via a code or calling into a rep and complaining to them.

if you want to disable voicemail, you can if its a standalone option just ask to remove the standalone feature from your account, your monthly fees will decrease by doing this.  if you have a value pack and voicemail is part of it, its not so easy, you would have to inquire to a CSR and they can check if a suitible value pack exists without the voicemail, or they would have to charge you for each of the services individually minus the voicemail soc code, does that make sense?

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks, Pauly ,for the answer.

It does make sense and it doesn't - in terms of not having control over features.

It kinda sucks. I've had a value pack for over 2 years, and voicemail was the only

feature I haven't used until now - thought  I'd increase the # of rings before it would

go to voicemail ( not set up until few days ago), not knowing that it is hardcoded (silly me).

I guess, as you suggested, I will try my luck with CSR.Someone might know.

I wonder, if VM box fills up and/or,say, PW reset by CSR. Would it go back to VM box not being

set up with 4 rings before kicking in.

I do think, if I'm paying for service, I should be able to turn it on or off, when needed.

I've Been Here Awhile

sorry, the answer and the lack of feature is of no help...

I've Been Here Awhile

Voicemail is a feature I do not use anymore, in fact, I have never even initialized it. I have emailed Rogers and inquiered about getting a plan without it. I find it takes me a lot longer than 4 rings to get to my phone most of the time!! I have heard other peoples phones ring more than 4 times though, so I know that it is posible!! I will keep you posted!!

I've Been Here Awhile

LOL!! I just gave Rogers a call and asked them to deactivate it and they did!!! GHYEEEEAH!!!!