Disabling WiFi on S5 causes weird issues

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smizzmar
I've Been Here Awhile

Disabling WiFi on S5 causes weird issues

S5 user here... I seem to be having a rather unusual issue whenever I disable my WiFi. I disable my WiFi when I'm at work (to save battery power since there's no WiFi there anyway) and I get my notifications as usual... however, after updating to Lollipop I've started noticing that I'm not getting any notifications during this time. As soon as I get home and re-enable WiFi I will get a huge influx of notifications (emails, social media, etc.) Thinking that maybe my mobile connection at work sucks, I disabled WiFi at home and, yet again, no notifications until I re-enable WiFi. I've checked to see if background data is on (it is), so I'm at a loss as to what's going on. Has anyone experienced this? Any solutions to this issue?

***edited labels***

RogersAsif
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: Disabling WiFi on S5 causes weird issues

Welcome to the Community @smizzmar

As of right now, I am not aware of any issues caused by disabling WIFI on the Samsung S5.

The operating system could have some corrupted files which could be leading to this issue. I would suggest backing up your phone, then performing a factory reset.

Test the phone, with the Factory fresh Operating system and see if you are still experiencing these issues.

Are there any Samsung S5 users in the community that could provide some feedback to @smizzmar ?  

Hope this helpsSmiley Happy

RogersAsif

smizzmar
I've Been Here Awhile

Actually looks like, after more testing, even if I have WiFi enabled and I'm not connected to a WiFi network then I will not receive any emails, social media notifications, sports notifications, nothing. I have checked background data yet again and it is on, so there should be no reason why I'm not receiving anything as I usually would on Mobile Data.

RogersAsif
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

That definitely doesn’t seem normal @smizzmar . I haven't heard of any others with this problem, are you still experiencing the issue?

Hey @Meowmix  , got any ideas for @smizzmar  ?

RogersAsif