Disable IPv6 on CGN3 due to Wireless Printer issues (Canon PIXMA MG3520)

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Disable IPv6 on CGN3 due to Wireless Printer issues (Canon PIXMA MG3520)

Hi guys,

Just an update. It seems my router now has the latest firmware update. Unfortunately, even though I tried to reconnect the printer using WPS, it doesn't seem to be working.

Another thing is, unfortunately, I do not have the USB cable which is why I am trying the WPS setup.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I dont like WPS 😞

Have you tried the setup software for the printer?  Often it will do the connection, etc without needing to do the USB..

The firmware may not have fixed/changed this 😞

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Yup, tried the regular cable-less setup (that I think it does via the computer), and the WPS... they both didn't work 😞

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah, likely still the multicasting issue still exists. 😞

Highlighted
I'm a Regular

dumb question... did you get the page that asked for the network id and password?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Nope, not any page that asked for a password 😞

I've Been Around

Re: Disable IPv6 on CGN3 due to Wireless Printer issues (Canon PIXMA MG3520

Thank you so much. I have actually called Rogers twice on this issue and did not get an answer. I was first given a number and told I would be called back....that was in December and they do call, EVERY SINGLE WEEK WITH A PRE-RECORDED MESSAGE telling me they will contact me when they have found a solution....hysterical. They certainly will call back quickly if you withhold bill payment LOL.. MY SECOND CALL RESULTED IN MY ASKING TO SPEAK TO A SUPERVISOR-I was told I would be contacted within 48 hrs...that was 4 weeks ago. You FINALLY have provided an answer to my problem. I have been trying for 6 mos to get my canon mg3520 to with using a modem that will never allow it to work. THANK YOU FOR ANSWERING THE QUESTION THAT ROGERS HAS NOT ANSWERED IN 6 MOS!!!!! They were however very eager to sell me upgraded tech support for $67.00....going to bell website NOW AND LEAVING ROGERS. THANKS FOR MAKING IT EASY. I will be sending a copy of this note to Rogers....any bets on whether they will bother to reply....I am what is considered a "high value customer" in terms of my monthly bill, however, I now see that Rogers places very little value on ANY customers. I was even looking at a job posting @ Rogers in Marketing; now - I'd be embarrassed to work for Rogers!!! Thank you so much for your help! You are more knowledgable than any Rogers tech employee I have ever spoken with, so we'll done. How disappointing I had to get my info here, from you and not for the company he happily takes in excess of $150. Monthly from me for deplorable service and a "new & improved guide" that IS LESS USEFUL THAN IT'S previous iteration!