Digital adapter not initializing

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Digital adapter not initializing

I picked up my third digital adapter today and then my fourth. Neither box is initialing either remotely, or having a technician do it over the phone. One of the other adapters in the house worked on this particular the.
Does anyone know what the problem could be?
I don't want to run back and forth to a Rogers store swapping adapters.

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: Digital adapter not initializing

If you have 2 DA's already working in your house (kitchen & den) and you've connected the 2 NEW adapters to these outlets as well, and are still having a problem it sounds like it might be a registration problem with Rogers.  Has tech support confirmed that the serial numbers are showing on your account properly (at this point you should be showing 4 digital adapters from the sounds of things).

If they are on your account, I would call back and have them authorize the DA one last time, and while they're doing that from their end, you should be giving your adapters a hard reset (remove power from DA, and then replug).  Ensure both adapters are connected to working outlets in your home. Once they're authorized you can move them (or just move the other adapters you took off - they're all the same!)

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I would assume, that you have enough 'outlets' on your account, to get the DTAs or on the phone, they would have to be adding them.. so i dont think that is the problem..

Only thing, i can think of, is signal issue.
While your TV may have worked before on analog just fine, digital is MUCH more pickey on signal.. and a poor signal, can have an effect from bad picture, to not being able to authorize boxes or channels.

Might be worth having a tech come out, and take a check at the lines at the house's signal strength.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

When I went to pick up the box, they checked my record and didn't say anything, so I guess everything was ok.
Neither of the two boxes I picked up today work on either of the other tv's.
Right now I have one adapter in the kitchen, and one in my den, and both are working fine. I wanted another adapter for my bedroom.
The adapter in the kitchen works in the bedroom, but the one in the den doesn't work on the bedroom tv, and neither of the two I picked up today work on either the kitchen or den tv's.

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

If you have 2 DA's already working in your house (kitchen & den) and you've connected the 2 NEW adapters to these outlets as well, and are still having a problem it sounds like it might be a registration problem with Rogers.  Has tech support confirmed that the serial numbers are showing on your account properly (at this point you should be showing 4 digital adapters from the sounds of things).

If they are on your account, I would call back and have them authorize the DA one last time, and while they're doing that from their end, you should be giving your adapters a hard reset (remove power from DA, and then replug).  Ensure both adapters are connected to working outlets in your home. Once they're authorized you can move them (or just move the other adapters you took off - they're all the same!)

View solution in original post