Digital TV, HD and Outputs

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Digital TV, HD and Outputs

I just ordered Digital TV, and some sort of box that will enable some HD channels with it.  I live in downtown Toronto.

The Digital TV is $39.48 /month and the HD box is $7.50.  Questions:

1. Of the 190 channels I am to receive, how many are HD?  Is there a list somewhere?

2. What kind of output will go from the box to my TV?  Is it HDMI? 

3. Is there only one output port? (I would like to add another TV, if possible.)

Thanks,

Matt

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Digital TV, HD and Outputs

Unfortunately, no, there is no 'this is what is HD' sort of list.

while on your phone, yes, may be hard to veiw, but via PC, much better.. as you go down the list, you can see all the channels you get period... as well usually you will see listed side by side, if there is the SD and HD.
Some now, are even just HD only and you would onlly see one listing, etc.

Unfortunately, its the best your going to get, for the info your looking for 😞

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

1) if you go to this link
http://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=PTV_PROG_LANDING
and view digital TV, it should show you which channels are included in the package..

Now, with not ALL chanels, but most, they will AUTO SUB.  So if you are on the lower channel number say for GLOBAL which you are used to, it will AUTO play the HD channel for you for it. (you dont have to tune to the specific HD one)

2) I am ASSUMING you are getting the Cisco 8642.

That unit has an HDMI, and component video for HD.   It also has composite and and coax out for SD.

3) As per above, there is more than one.  BUT.. while you can connect more than one.. they will all get the same output.  Same show on all the TVs, etc.. as the box does all the tuning.

(a side note.. unless they fixed it.. IF you have something connected via HDMI, or in the L/R audio ports, it disables the audio on the coax output for some reason)

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

THanks for the quick reply.  I am viewing things with a phone and the link you sent is very hard to view.  However, I do no think it is what I was after.

Specifically, I do not want to see ALL of the channels, I just want to know what channels are avaulable in HD?  Is there a simple list of HD channels somewhere, for the Digital TV package?

Your answers for #2 and #3 were great. 🙂

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Unfortunately, no, there is no 'this is what is HD' sort of list.

while on your phone, yes, may be hard to veiw, but via PC, much better.. as you go down the list, you can see all the channels you get period... as well usually you will see listed side by side, if there is the SD and HD.
Some now, are even just HD only and you would onlly see one listing, etc.

Unfortunately, its the best your going to get, for the info your looking for 😞

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for taking the time to reply!  Kudos to you!

Matt

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

The Guide tells you what is HD. For example, channel 3, Global, says "HDGLB 3".

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario