Digital Service Fee

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: Digital Service Fee

Hoollleee ... 75 bucks a month for the babysitter machine .... ? When our bunny ears stop working the TV will be headed for the recycler me thinks.  Smiley LOL

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Technically 'bunny ears' in the original sense of ANALOG antennas... aready dont work 😛

Newer digital antenna's should be around for quite a bit.. at least until say all transmission from each network, etc goes COMPETELY say over the internet.

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

OLDYELLR:

My cable bill has a separate line of $2.99 for a Digital Services Fee. I have the Digital VIP package, plus a couple of other things. The fee has showed on my bill for as long as I can remember. It's similar to Bell charging money for touch-tone service.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@jimboden wrote:

OLDYELLR:

My cable bill has a separate line of $2.99 for a Digital Services Fee. I have the Digital VIP package, plus a couple of other things. The fee has showed on my bill for as long as I can remember. It's similar to Bell charging money for touch-tone service.

Same here. In fact it's all digital and gets converted to provide the remaining analog channels. When phones went touchtone, they had to make extra accommodation for rotary phones and customers who didn't want to pay the touchtone charge. Bass ackwards. I wonder if there will still be a digital fee when all channels are only delivered digital.

LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Jimboden/oldyellr

Is your digital VIP the same price as listed on the website? Or $3 less?

Mine is the same as the website, but does not appear on my bill

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Gdkitty:

Rogers shows $74.98 on its web site for the Digital VIP package. My bill is $71.99 plus the $2.99 fee, which totals $74.98. When I look at the package details, it does not mention the Digital Services fee, so it appears to be part of the package without mentioning it.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Ditto (plus tax). The $2.99 digital fee is from 2009, probably now rolled in, resulting in the same price.

LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Old thread, but happened to run into it.  We have changed our cable plans a few times over the years, and we have VIP, and we still pay a digital fee of 2.99 on our bill. But our base fee is 3.00 less than the current listed packages, so I guess it all balances out in the end.  You are still paying it, even though it has disappeared of the new publically posted plans.

And yes, the reason Bell has got away with keeping the touch tone feature in existence is that they cannot refuse to maintain rotary dialing (analogue) to anyone who currently has dial rather than touch tone.  They also cannot remove a party line (and yes there are still people around with them) from those who have it.  CRTC mandated this years ago.

I just came off a grandfathered plan on home phone to a new one in the bundles and the price was lowered, the service access fee disappeared, but ultimately, when you looked at the whole package, the savings on the phone were eliminated by the increases in price in other parts of the bundle and reductions in the discounts on the old bundle compared to when you put all the discounts, credits and changed prices together on the new bundle. 

Hard to follow all the smoke and mirrors.

Bruce

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Can I avoid or cancel the Digital Service Fee?

Highlighted

Good evening and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums @makaveev!

Digital Service Fee is applied to each account type. This fee helps us improve our digital services by delivering more value as part of your subscription. 

Hope this helps :). Please let us know if you have further questions about this.

RogersZia