Digital Service Fee

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Digital Service Fee

I've had Rogers analog cable for decades, ever since cable came to my subdivision. I believe it was Shaw before it was Rogers, then they made a deal to swap territories. The package I had was called Classic Combo Plus.

In 2009 I received a telemarketing call from Rogers offering me a free refurbished SA8300SD (apparently Rogers was discontinuing those) for just the additional digital service fee of $2.99 a month. I accepted. After not hearing anything from Rogers for 3 weeks I called to follow-up.Seems they had not been able to contact me or something and cancelled the order. However the CSR reinstated it and offered me an upgrade to the VIP Package for 20% off, which I accepted. That $2.99 digital charge is still on my bill.

I see the VIP package is priced at $74.98 on the Rogers website and my bill says $71.99 + $2.99 = $74.98. Does anyone here with the VIP Package not see the $2.99 charge on their bill?

As for comparing the Digital fee to the phone touchtone fee, that's a good analogy and makes about as much sense. In fact, the phone company has to convert pulse dialing to tones, which should would actually cost more, not less, yet they sick everyone with this touch tone surcharge.

LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Yes OLDYELLR, that is exactly what we see too - $71.99 + $2.99 = $74.98. Despite what some people on here might try to tell me, we are not on a grandfathered plan. I can however see from your post and the reference to the Rogers Website that there is no difference. It is either one charge for $74.98 or two separate charges which total the same amount. Either way, you are paying this ridiculous fee which makes Glenn62 100% correct. Just another example of Rogers nickel and diming us to death!
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Keep in mind that any amount you put in your post regarding your bill will be classified as personal confidential information and the moderator will edit that part out. In fact, this one will probably be edited for telling you in the first place.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Prices, etc are fine to post. (if they are rogers prices, etc)

Only personal information (account numbers, addresses, phone, etc) would be removed.

forum guidelines: http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/CommunityWelcome/thread-id/4

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Just saying.  I have been here.. a while.
I post rogers prices all the time, etc... the sort of info listed as above, with no issues.
Heck.. in the internet section, i have a post thats been a major stickey of comparing the OLD package prices vs the NEW.

As long as you are posting correct info, and nothing else that goes against the rules, it should be fine.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@Glenn62 wrote:

Sorry to say, but no. I've never placed my account numbers, addresses, phone,etc in any of my posts. I have however quoted what I have been charged, just like the folks above, only to be edited by a moderator named RogersDarrell and was told I violated the guidelines. Unfortunately I can't prove my posts as they've been edited and it's their forum. They do the same thing with their FB page as well.

I see nothing wrong with posting what you pay when it's the same as what Rogers advertises on their website, which is what I did. Perhaps they don't want people posting discounts that have been negotiated so that everybody else won't demand the same.

Highlighted
I'm an Enthusiast

Which brings us right back to a good old-fashioned Canadian rip-off scheme by Rogers and Bell. Weren't they a song&dance team back in vaudeville? Or confidence men...Switch to Digital and the sun will come shining through even on the cloudiest day....but you'll need to pay $2.99 for the privledge. Surprised there isn't a turning the TV on fee included somewhere. Now that our income is declining, I'm looking at how low we can go in downgrading our plan and still have anything worth watching.
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

So is the $2.99 (plus tax) fee still an add-on for any digital package, or is it now buried in the price?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Your paying it, one way or the other.

If you are on say an OLDER grandfathered VIP or something.. you might see the digital services fee.. but likely the grandfathered VIP is $3 less than the listed one.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Thanks, that's exactly what I figured. Nowadays, when Rogers is only selling digital packages, an extra "digital fee" would be nuts, but I could see it being added when they were transitioning. I had it added to my VIP.